27.2 THIERON

The story so far:

----Aija, Zuri, and Ze are three friends, who were working at the Pristine School at Innermost. Aija gets involved with the Ytai first, leading Zuri and Ze to them as well. Zuri falls in love with Nala (Lalana), who is Ytai, and works with Thieron. Aija and Ze are captured by Thieron, of H'eon, when they were at the Hospital - Aija was at the Hospital with Kuna of R'ies and Zuri to stop a Harvest; Ze was there to visit his sick student Xan. Xan, a student at the Pristine School, gives up his soul to Thieron, and Xan, is subsequently released by Aija. He then settles into the body of a kitten that Aija found at the Hospital, and is taken to where Thieron resides. Aija wills Xan to talk; he can speak now with his own voice. Thieron has bound Aija to himself, and Nala has bound Ze to herself. Luka works for Thieron(Ah'n), along with Lalana (Nala). Luka found Aija first at her school, teaching the kids. He seems to care for her. Luka's feelings for Aija only seem to be increasing with time. He's worried about Thieron finding out.

----Luka, Nala, and Ze go to Ba' diur's place to ask him to deliver a message to Var-Inu, leaving Thieron and Aija alone at home.

----Thieron and Aija get into a fight.

----When Thieron was asleep, Aija cut his hair to get back at him.

✽✽✽

****27.2 - Thieron****

Thieron looked at Aija. 

She looked a little scared, anticipating his reaction, but gradually a faint smile spread on her lips. Eventually, she burst into laughter. 

Thieron ran to the mirror in the study. Aija had cut his hair at varying lengths. Some locks of hair were long, and some were so short they barely reached his chin. 

He grew violent. How dare she touch his hair? How did he not realize what she was up to? He'd been dreaming of her, and she'd been cutting his hair. 

He went back into the main room. Aija was still on the floor, clutching the scissors in her hand - she had a big smile on her lips, overly satisfied with herself. The kitten wasn't to be seen anywhere. 

He pulled her up, plucked the scissors, and threw it. He dragged her to the wall and pushed her against it. He held her firmly and pressed her shoulders against the wall. She gasped in pain, all her earlier mirth gone. 

"Look at me!" he roared. 

When she didn't, he lifted her chin up and repeated himself. 

She looked at him, worry in her storm-grey eyes. 

"How dare you do something like this?" he questioned, grinding his teeth. 

Aija didn't reply. 

"Answer me!" 

She flinched but remained quiet. 

Thieron let her go. She slid to the floor and caught her breath as she hugged her knees. 

He looked foolish. His hair was a complete mess. He searched for the hair-band; it was on the floor by the couch. He gathered the longer strands and tied it up as neatly as he could. He then wore a sweat-shirt with a hoodie and pulled it over his head. 

He dragged Aija off the floor and made her wear her shoes. He put on his boots as she did hers as infuriatingly slow as possible. He took her hand and took her out of the house. She was quiet, knowing how in a rage he was; she didn't even look at him. At least her smile had vanished, and she had the civility of being fearful of him. 

He hauled her down the hill, walking fast. She had to half-run to keep up with him. 

What was he going to do with her? She was audacious; uncontainable. Maybe he shouldn't have been nice to her. He should have treated her like the other Ytai would, and she would have known her place.