33 LUKA

The story so far:

----Aija, Zuri, and Ze are three friends, who were working at the Pristine School at Innermost. Aija gets involved with the Ytai first, leading Zuri and Ze to them as well. Zuri falls in love with Nala (Lalana), who is Ytai and works with Thieron. Aija and Ze are captured by Thieron, of H'eon, when they were at the Hospital - Aija was at the Hospital with Kuna of R'ies and Zuri to stop a Harvest; Ze was there to visit his sick student Xan. Thieron has bound Aija to himself, and Nala has bound Ze to herself. Luka works for Thieron(Ah'n), along with Lalana (Nala).

----Aija, Ze, Thieron, Luka, and Nala go to the South Land. Luka admits that they are there for a Harvest. While they are on the Harvest, they get stopped by a group of people - the Zayr. Aija and Ze meet Princess Ruyanir of the Zayr. Ze and the Princess have an instant connection. The Prince has requested Aija and Ze to meet him. Prince Irih' va and Aija have a conversation about the Àvo; he explains how it works. Aija seems to like the Prince. The Prince gives Aija a strand of his golden hair - for protection. Irih' va sees Aija in his future but isn't sure she will choose him. He wants her to choose him. Irih' va catches Ze using his powers, and he shows Ze that he, too, has the same powers.

----Luka works for Thieron(Ah'n), along with Lalana (Nala). Luka found Aija first at her school, teaching the kids. He seems to care for her.

----They had been to the South Land for a Harvest, where they meet Prince Irih' va. 

----They are preparing for the Ker'zan.

----Etrie tells Zuri that he is going to kill Thieron and Nala. She is very adamant that she too goes to the Ker'zan with them.

✽✽✽

****33 - Luka****

Two concentric circles – the inner ring made of dots – were tattooed on his chest just above his heart. 

It was the symbol of H'eon. It represented their dictum – All parts of the Universe belong to us; which was put as Ji Ca'hir e nav'ei. The Universe is ours. 

The symbol of the R'ies was the exact opposite – two concentric circles with the outer circle formed by dots. It represented their dictum – The Universe is one, and we are all a part of it. It was derived from Ithi'hra's dictum – We are of the Universe; The Universe if of ours to Protect. 

H'eon's was derived from R'ies to be the exact opposite of it. Ithi'hra, R'ies, and H'eon had a deep history, R'ies being derived from Ithi'hra and H'eon from R'ies. 

Thieron had one too; Nala didn't. 

Luka hadn't always had the tattoo and had no intention of getting a tattoo on his body. But he'd found that Thieron was doubtful of his loyalty - more so because Luka could control what emotions he could show on his aura, and Thieron knew that fact about Luka. So, ten years after he had joined Thieron, he had willingly got the symbol tattooed on his chest, precisely where Thieron's tattoo was placed too. Thieron had dozens of tattoos all over his arms, even some on his fingers. Luka knew of few cultures with tattoos being an intricate part of their lives. Perhaps Thieron belonged to such an ethnic group. 

Luka looked at himself in the mirror, the small black tattoo dark against his pale skin. He was pale in comparison to both Thieron and Nala. 

Nala was spared from getting a tattoo since she worked for Thieron alone, and he trusted her with his life. There was absolutely no need for Nala to prove her loyalty to him. 

"Luka," 

Aija came into his room. She stilled as her eyes fell on his naked torso. "Sorry," she apologized. "The door was open, sorry."