Tea time.

I have never seen anything like this.

I am currently in the same room with Russia and America (plus Latvia) and they are not fighting or bickering with each other, I cannot believe they are behaving like adults for once.

Or maybe children, who are too enticed by a movie that they ignore everything around them.

If this keeps on happening my life will change for the better. I can imagine it, future meetings where we actually achieve something, not having to arbitrate stupid games of power, only bothering in keeping England and France off of their necks or just leaving Germany to do that. Yeah, it sounds really good, I could get used to that.

But just as the movie finishes and Alfred takes the last bite of cake, reality hits me like a ton of bricks, this peaceful moment is due to the informal air of this situation, right now they are not being America and Russia, they are Alfred and Ivan, this is not a meeting, they are not discussing political issues, this is some kind of "short vacation" and when we all come back to our duties it will be the same as always.

Just as if Alfred was reading my thoughts he placed his hand on my shoulder with an apologetic expression on his face.

Maybe he understands my concerns, maybe he knows how much it troubles me to seek for harmony in the chaotic dynamic the three of us have.

"I know what you are thinking Yao." Alfred says, showing me that bright smile of his, and I understand, in a matter of seconds that he doesn't, that what he is about to say has nothing in common with what I am thinking, and I feel frustrated.

"This movie was good but it isn't nearly as good as the one's they do in my country." He says that loudly, as if to make sure that we all hear what he says. But I know better, we all know better, that he only wants Russia to hear or perhaps he only says that because of him.

I could swear that the room has turned a few degrees colder.

I turn my head to see Ravis' pale face and behind him Ivan is frowning, he says nothing, stands up and takes the plate from Alfred's hands and holds his gaze. His expression serious while he goes to the kitchen.

I feel annoyed, if only Alfred wasn't so prideful of his people's deeds this moment would have lasted longer.

Alfred shakes my shoulder smiling warmly. "Tell me, why the long face? Didn't you enjoy your date with Russia?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Excuse me?"

He tilted his head to the side. "I said didn't you enjoy your day with Russia? It's ok I am not jealous or anything I just want to know how it went."

His voice makes me think that he is mocking me but his demeanor is relaxed, it's weird how he manages to mix those two perceptions in a single moment.

I reply hesitantly. "I don't understand you Alfred... why would you be jealous?"

He laughed. "Oh well it is completely normal to go out with friends but one has to be careful and spend time with each equally. Just like with family, one cannot have favorites, am I right?"

"You are not making sense." I turn to Ravis, maybe he has some sensible things to say.

The boy stands up quickly. "I must go to my house already, it is getting late and I promised Estonia to help him with some things, tell Mr. Russia I left." And just as he said that he turned on his heel and went out of the house.

Well thank you a lot Latvia, doesn't this kid know how to read the atmosphere? Maybe he knows and that's why he is leaving. I can't blame him.

"Yao, why are you here?" Alfred questions.