Sharing

How was I supposed to know that?

Apart from the fact that all those "suck my Florida" remarks that America pulls on Ivan make sense now, I had no idea.

After five minutes of Ivan laughing at me, I decided to end with my misery by saying that I had to check up on Taiwan and Hong Kong. Somehow, I convinced him of my inability to contact them through my phone, and went to my hotel room.

Once there, I had time to go through all that happened today, what was all this about? Is the "Florida" thing related to this, or is it just Alfred making fun of me? But that doesn't make sense, I didn't know about it, Ivan did though. Maybe it was a joke for him... it still doesn't make sense.

And what's with the invitation to have lunch? Both of them did that, it isn't strange coming from Ivan, he hates to be alone but Alfred? Maybe I am overthinking.

I will read the file he gave me instead, yes, it is an official request after all. Now, where did I put it?

Oh no.

I left it at the table, I'll have to come back there and ask for it. Or maybe Russia took it. What if he did? Would he read it? Of course he would, I would.

There is a knock on my door.

Yes, he took it. And now he is going to question me about it, I hope it doesn't have any important information, who am I kidding? I hope he didn't read the last page. I don't even know how to explain that.

I open the door to find Russia outside with the file on his hands.

"Yao you forgot this on the table." He says while handing it to me.

He is smiling and I know he read it, it is too calm, too calculated which means it's fake.

"Thank you, I was just looking for it." I reply and wait for his questions but there is just silence. He just nods and stands there.

Should I say that I have no idea why America wrote that, or should I pretend I know nothing? Yes, I am oblivious, if I act well enough he'll believe me.

"Well, see you later Russia, or tomorrow."

He nods again, and I try to close the door but he stops it with his hand.

"Yao..."

He frowns at me, here comes the questioning. This was way too easy.

"Will you visit me the next week?"

That was not the question I was expecting. But it makes me feel relieved and I smile.

"Of course, we have a meeting to discuss how to go about changing the currency on our transactions, but thanks for reminding me of it anyways."

He furrows his brows while slowly pushing the door back at me.

"Yes, but I was not referring to that, I was asking if you would visit me in my house."

His house? Why would I do that? I haven't been there in a long time, not since it was the Soviet Union.

No, I won't. I don't want to go there but how can I tell him this without offending him?

Sorry I can go to your house because it gives me the creeps? No.

Sorry but I need to avoid some places so I don't have a panic attack? That's too honest.

I would love to but I am allergic to the kind of wood your house is made of? No.

Since when am I so bad at lying?