Chapter 34

Zion's Pov

"Papa, asan si mama?"

I glanced at Zeid and Zin. My kids.

I motioned them to come closer to me and so they did. They still looked sleepy.
"Natutulog si mama, Zeid"
She locked herself up a while ago and she keeps on telling me to go away.

"May sakit ba si mama, papa?"
Zin asked. I stiffened.

"What? Bakit mo naman nasabi Zin?

"Kasi palagi siyang humihikab at natutulog. Tapos dati po nung wala kapa lagi siyang nagsusuka sa banyo tuwing umaga"
He explained.

Bumaling sakin si Zeid. "Oo nga po papa. Tapos po kayang kaya niya pong kumain ng maraming maraming manga!"
He even showed me his fingers "Ganito karami papa"

Shit! She's really pregnant, and I wasn't hearing things. And the fact that I wasnt there when she went through those  days sicken me. How could I be so stupid not to notice that.

That explains why she got fuming mad at me a while ago. Fuck! I shouldve known.

"Mom isn't sick " I replied, and they both raised their brows on me.
I cursed myself, I forgot, they can't understand english.

"Walang sakit si mama. At kung meron man, dont worry—" i bit my lip to stop. "At kung meron mang sakit si mama, nandito naman si papa para alagaan siya" I assured them.

They were about to ask again when they heard their friends called them out.

They quickly got off of me and grabbed their jersey on the table.
"papa mag lalaro muna kami sa plaza. Babalik din po kami agad pagkatapos"
Zin said.

"wag mong kakalimutang sabihin kay mama  na nasa plaza kami papa, baka mamaya mag-alala nanaman po siya sa amin,,, babay na po muna papa"

"Okay take care—".... they didnt even let me finish. I smiled , Jeid did a great job parenting them for 5 years. She usually blames for their stubbornnes and little mischiefs, but what can I say, they're Bjornsen, my blood run in their veins.

"Now, my last and most difficult task"
I looked at the closed door behind me.
How will I get my lovely wife's silly mind to believe how sorry I am. Damn that mango!

I stepped closer to the door.
"Wife, look I'm really sorry. I didn't know you were craving for mango and I admit that what I did is wrong"

There's still no response. "Love I'm really sorry. Bati na tayo Jeid, I promise I'll do anything you want me to"

The door suddenly opened. Finally.

She peeked through the slightly opened door.
"Anything?" she asked, and I nodded.

Tinitigan ko ng mabuti ang mga mata niya, they're reddish, propbably cause she's been crying for quite an hour or so. She look so vulnerable. She's even gripping the side of the door likeher life depended on it.

I took a step closer but she stepped back. Fuck! Wrong move.

"Can I hug you then?" I asked her. I need to take it slow.

She slightly nodded. "Pero hug lang ha"
She even argued, that made me chuckle.

"okay, just a hug" The next thing I knew, she already threw herself on me while she sobbed.

"hushh now love. I'm sorry"  I caressed her back trying to calm her down. I reached out for her belly. "Please tell this little buddy here that I'm really sorry for what I just did"