53) Boop

Now, Mycroft Holmes knew many things. He was a very smart man. But he could not, for the life of him, work out why his husband had suddenly started doing this new and curious thing.

It had happened the first time before they had even gotten out of bed.

Mycroft's eyes had fluttered open to see the smiling face of his husband Greg Lestrade.

"Mornin' beautiful." He had said.

"Good morning, love." Mycroft had replied.

Greg had only grinned at him, "You look adorable asleep." He had said, and reached out to place one finger on the other man's nose, "Boop."

It had happened again at breakfast.

"How much work do you have today?" Greg had asked, as he cleared away their dishes.

Mycroft had given a gentle shrug in reply. He had had no idea, it depended how much chaos the world had caused since the previous day. "Not a lot, I don't think. But regardless, I will still make time to have lunch with you, my dear."

That had earned him a grin from his husband and, for some reason, a finger tapped softly against his nose.

"Boop."

There had been a break in the nose touches while he'd been at work, thank god. If Anthea starting doing it he might have a break down. But at lunch it happened once again.

"That was great, ay Myc?" Greg had said, nudging his husband gently.

Mycroft had just smiled and nodded. He didn't quite share Greg's love for food, but that didn't mean he wasn't able to appreciate nice things.

"But I believe, Gregory, that the most great thing here, is you."

Greg had only barked a laugh at that, "Well aren't you sweet." Then tapped his nose. "Boop."

And now, as they sat together on the sofa, watching an Indiana Jones repeat on television, this strange occurrence was about to happen again.

Mycroft gave a slightly awkward smile and grabbed the other man's wrist before his nose could be tapped again.

"Gregory, darling, I love you, but what are you doing?"

Greg grinned at Mycroft, with a look that could be comparable to a puppy dog looking adoringly at his owner, and pulled his wrist free, "Booping you."

Mycroft shook his head, "Yes but why?"

"Because I can."

Well, you couldn't argue with that ironclad logic.

At least, Mycroft had no idea how he could argue against that, so he just gave in and let his husband 'boop' him yet again.

They spent a few quiet moments on the sofa together, with Mycroft trying to follow the rather pointless action on the screen, before he got bored enough to try something.

He slowly reached out and 'booped' Greg, just to see what would happen.

Greg, in turn, scrunched up his nose and gave Mycroft a curious look.

"See, you don't like it either." Mycroft said, shaking his head.

Greg just looked at him with a gentle pout that threatened to get bigger by the second. "You don't like it?" His voice was soft and quiet.

"Oh well-" Ah, now, this is not what Mycroft meant to happen. He didn't mean to upset the other man, and it's that he didn't like being...booped, it was just a strange experience. "It's not...unenjoyable...I suppose."

A grin formed on Greg's face and he reached out to boop Mycroft once more with a certain boyish glee that made Mycroft's heart melt.

Mycroft never made any attempt to stop his husband booping him ever again.