20) Blood Donations

The day had been a stressful one, it usually was for Greg Lestrade. Not only did he have to spend most of the day going head to head with his superiors about something that was very clearly not his fault but he also had to deal with Anderson and Donavon reminding him that it was technically his fault.

He'd had to stay late trying to sort it all out, on top of his usual work load as well. By the time it was all done it was around 1am, and raining, and he had to walk home because his car was in for repairs. Yet another piece of evidence that it was technically his fault.

'Bloody typical.' He thought as the rain dripped down the front of his hair onto his face. The cold breeze that blew made the tips of his ears go bright red and he had to shove his hands into his pockets to keep them from dropping off.

As miserable as he felt, he also felt oddly at peace. He was finally alone on the streets, alone with his thoughts. No annoying bosses to have a go at him and no irritating co-workers to get in the way. He sighed almost contently, he could at least try and make the best of a bad situation.

That was until he was pulled roughly into an particularly dark alleyway and he tripped over his own feet onto the floor. His hand subconsciously found his gun but he didn't draw it, not yet.

He looked up to see a shadowy figure standing over him. They were dressed in a black, no dark scarlet suit. The tie was black. Black as night.

Before he knew it he'd been pulled to his feet and shoved against the wall. His eyes had gotten used to the darkness, without the lampposts to help now, and he could see this person better. A man, slightly taller than him, auburn hair, red eyes. Red eyes? Two strong hands held his jacket firmly, not that they really needed to, this man was so close to him that he wouldn't have been able to move anyway.

"Aren't you going to say something?" The man spoke, his voice was calm and still. Almost as if he did this on a regular basis and it was just another day at the office.

Greg's eyes trailed down as something glinted in the moon light. He expected to see a necklace around the man's neck but instead he saw pearly white teeth. Sharp teeth, two sharp teeth.

Red eyes? Sharp teeth?

"You're a vampire?"

The man sighed in irritation. "Yes, well done. I assume you know what happens next, do please try not to scream. It makes this so much harder for the both of us."

Greg didn't say anything, he didn't make any move to stop this mysterious man as he leaned in to taste Greg's blood. Greg didn't make any sound, he just stood there. Suddenly the man just stopped and pulled away.

"When I said don't scream I did expect something along those lines to happen. Do you want this or something?" He asked, looking quizically at Greg.

"I'll be honest, I've had a crap day. I'm bloody freezing and soaked through. I have nothing to go home to but empty takeaway containers. Besides, you seem to need the blood more than I do and I don't think I could stop you even if I tried." Greg explained as he nodded towards the grip that this man had on his jacket.

The man let go and took a few steps back, observing Greg from where he stood. "You could easily stop me, you are carrying a gun after all."

"Is it that obvious?"

"Oh no, you hide it quite well. You might want to stop holding your hand so near it though, it does look like you're about to grab something. That and the fact you went to take it out earlier but decided not to for whatever reason." The man rattled off a few statements. "That leads me to wonder why you didn't though."