11) Meetin' The Parents

Greg was sure this would be a good idea from the moment he read the invitation, even though Mycroft had strongly opposed. But now that he was actually sat in the back of Mycroft's car, he was starting to reconsider.

Mycroft glanced over to Greg, and saw the small frown he had, instantly being able to tell what that meant. "You don't need to be nervous Gregory, everything will be fine."

Greg glanced over when Mycroft spoke and nodded his head slightly, smiling at him. "Yeah, thanks." He replied, taking Mycroft's hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

Christmas at Mycroft's parents. This would be intresting.

They arrived not long after and walked up to the rather large house hand in hand. Mycroft had to let go of Greg's hand rather reluctantly to knock on the door, his other hand being preoccupied with his umbrella.

After a few moments of muffled shouting, there was noise from the other side of the door. A sudden wave of anxiety washed over Greg and he reached to once again take Mycroft's hand, he received a gentle, reassuring squeeze in reply. Then the door swung open and a small stout woman stood there. Her hair was all white and she had sharp facial features, especially piercing eyes. Or at least Greg thought they were piercing.

"Myc!" She exclaimed, with a warm smile.

Mycroft grimaced and suddenly remembered why he hadn't wanted to come here in the first place. "It's Mycroft." He returned as a cold greeting.

Mycroft's mother shook her head slightly before turning to Greg. "And you must be Greg, gosh Mycroft, you never told me how handsome he is."

Greg was sure his face was red. He just smiled awkwardly and held out his hand for her to shake. "Uh- It's nice to meet you."

"Aw now none of that love." She said, quickly pulling Greg into a warm hug, much to Mycrofts displeasure. "And you can call me Judy."

With that Greg and Mycroft were quickly bundled inside and into the living room where a cosy fire was crackling.

A tall, long-faced man quickly made his way over to Greg and shook his hand. "Ah, so this is the famous Scotland Yard inspector we've heard so much about! Well he's a strapping fellow Mycroft, where ever did you find him?"

"That is none of your concern." Mycroft returned without a second thought.

Greg was too flustered to scold Mycroft about being rude to his parents. "It's nice to meet you." He mumbled.

"It's nice to meet you too, I was starting to think that Mycroft was trying to keep you away from us." He flashed a grin to show he was joking. Greg just about caught the almost worried expression Mycroft had before then. "I'm Steven by the way."

It was about an hour or so later and Greg had been thoroughly questioned about his job, family, hobbies, food he likes and whether or not Mycroft should have brought him home sooner. He'd also had a very thorough discussion with Steven about gas bills, trains and the weather, before being told he was far too skinny and offered a plate of assorted cakes and biscuits by Judy. It was just when the conversation had moved to cricket that Steven had to go and help Judy with something in the kitchen. (Greg did offer to help but Judy point blank refused because he was a guest in her house, but also a peach thanks for offering).

It was then, and only then, that Greg and Mycroft were alone.

"You didn't tell me they were normal." Greg said as he sat himself on the arm on the chair Mycroft was in, the biggest smile on his face.

"It's a burden I must bare."

Greg nudged him. "Don't be like that. They're lovely." He was still grinning like a mad man.

Mycroft noticed the tenacious smile on his boyfriends lips and sighed. "What?"

Greg just beamed at him. "I'm a peach."

Mycroft rolled his eyes before leaning up to place a kiss on Gregory's cheek. "Yes, yes you are. But now that I finally have you to myself how about we go somewhere slightly more... intimate?"

"Why, you jealous?"

Mycroft raised a brow. "Jealous of what?"

"I'm a peach." Greg smirked before getting up to and help in the kitchen. He turned around to say something else as he left though. "You're not." He chuckled and flashed his boyfriend a dumb grin before disappearing.

Mycroft just shook his head playfully and chuckled to himself. He couldn't help but smile at how giddy and happy his boyfriend looked. Maybe bringing Gregory to his parents house for Christmas wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Greg suddenly poked his head round the corner. "By the way, I'm definitely gonna ask for baby photos."

"Absolutely not."

"Did I hear baby photos? I'm sure I have some around here somewhere, oh yes right over here." Mycroft heard his mother's voice from somewhere beyond the living room. Greg had already disappeared and Mycroft was on his feet in seconds but when he rounded the corner he saw it was too late anyway. His mother was in the process of showing Gregory the family photo albums.

Or maybe he was right in the first place. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea.