3) (III) Blue and Buddy

Same thing. This is old and I was dumb. Have fun.

Blue was a lot like Mycroft in many ways. They both stayed up late and got up early. Unlike most cats, Blue wasn't one to lounge around in the sun, and unlike most humans, neither was Mycroft. They could both survive on their own but that doesn't mean they were adverse to affection. It just happened sparingly.

Buddy was also a lot like Greg. They were both quite energetic, separated by moments of extreme fatigue and power naps. They were both affectionate beyond belief as well, they loved people and relied on the people around them for happiness. Not to mention they were both clumsy, Buddy had an excuse because he was partially blind whereas Greg just had a habit of not looking where he was going.

Despite being such a big part of their owners lives, Blue and Buddy had never actually met. Greg hadn't actually stayed over at Mycroft's house since he got Buddy, because he couldn't leave Buddy alone overnight and he was most certainly not leaving his dog with Sherlock. Greg had considered asking John, but the man had a baby to look after, not a good idea.

Mycroft was reluctant to say Gregory could just bring Buddy with him, the thought had of course crossed his mind but that thought was quickly followed by what would happen to Blue.

But eventually (not eventually, about three days) Mycroft got tired of sleeping in an empty bed and just told Gregory to come over with Buddy. After some careful negotiation about how that would work, because there were lots of things that had to be sorted; having a blind energetic dog running around your house causes some damages, Greg had eagerly accepted.

When Greg arrived he brought Buddy in on a lead. He had to keep a pretty strong grip on him as well, Buddy was really quite eager to run around and explore this new place, with new smells and new friends.

Mycroft had gone to open the door for his boyfriend and meet Buddy. He received a lot of licking (from the dog, not Greg) to which he looked disgusted and went to wash his hands almost imediantly. Greg had laughed at first and apologised afterwards.

It took about half an hour for Buddy to calm down and be let off his lead. He imediantly jumped onto Mycroft's sofa, which earned him another twenty minutes on his lead. Greg had to apologise again about the muddy paw prints on the blanket that covered Mycroft's sofa, he let Buddy on the furniture at home so he just wasn't used to it. Mycroft had been a bit more relaxed about this than the licking, seeing as he'd had the good sense to put an old blanket on the sofa earlier that day. Greg thought it was a brand new one, it was certainly expensive looking, but he wasn't about to argue over it.

After twenty minutes Buddy was let off again and he wondered around a small bit in the living room, never letting Greg out of his sight, which was convenient for Greg because he wouldn't want Buddy to be out of his sight anyway. Buddy quickly decided he'd had enough of the living room exploration and settled at Greg's feet, (after at least three times of being told he couldn't join Greg on the sofa.)

"So where's Blue?" Greg asked, looking around for the small grey cat he loved so much.

"Out somewhere. God knows when he'll be back." Was Mycroft's answer from the armchair he was sat in across from the other man.

Greg flashed his boyfriend a dumb grin. "Really? I thought he was an inside cat, like you."

Mycroft rolled his eyes, a small smile playing on his lips anyway. "Yes well, like me, sometimes he needs a break."

"What? From the likes of me and Buddy?"

"Precisely." Mycroft smirked. "It's not the first time I've had salvia all over me, is it Gregory?"