Chapter 26

MEL POV

"MEL!" Chris yelled from upstairs in distress. I went running up the stairs.

"what's up?" I ask looking in Allison's room to see my family sitting around. Allison was on the bed; and Oliver was playing with Melody on the ground. And when my eyes landed on Chris, his eyes diverted away from me and he stared at Allison in her pjs.

"Allison, want to tell your mom what's wrong?" Chris said looking from me to Allison.

"Mom, Dad can't pick out any good clothes." She wined being her seven-year-old self.

"Alright, well, babe you go finish the pancakes and I'll take them." I say switches places with Chris. He kisses me on the head as I start taking a few outfits out of her closet.

"I'll come with you dad." Oliver said getting up.

"You sure you want to help out, birthday boy?" Chris said moving his hair out of his face. I smiled at the sight of my boys, perfectly safe and happy. He nodded and they headed downstairs.

"How about this? You pick out a shirt and I'll match it?" I say as I face Allison again and with a bright smile she agrees. She hops off the bed hugs me, quickly, and goes running into her closet.

I turn to Melody and see her already beautifully dressed. She looks up at me giggling and smiling. She was already two, but it felt she was born yesterday. Honestly, it felt like I just found out I was pregnant with her yesterday. God has time flied.

I leaned down to her, picking her up off the floor as well as grabbing her blanket, and placed her on my hip.

After about 20 more minutes everything was set, and we were heading downstairs. I place Melody in her height chair as Allison sat in her chair next to me. I went over to Oliver who was beside Chris, 'helping him' and when I gave him a kiss on the head, he knew he could go sit down.

I wrapped my arms around Chris's waist and put my chin on my shoulder admiring this perfect moment. I held him lovingly wanting to hold on to him forever. I watched as he did his finishing touches on breakfast.

"Hey beautiful." He kissed me on the forehead and moved the last pancake onto the place. Then, he turned to face me and suddenly, leaned in kissing me passionately. I didn't hesitate to kiss him back.

"Come on!" Allison yelled excitedly. We both laughed as I leaned my head into his chest placing my arm around him. He did the same as he picked up the pancakes.

"Alright, alright." Chris laughed putting the plate on the table. We separated and I sat down, he sat beside me. I looked around as they all started eating.

"Okay, Ollie, what's on the agenda for your birthday?" I asked him with the biggest on his face.

"Can we just be together?" He asked me, looking up from his mountain of pancakes. I looked at Chris as a tear was forming in my eye. "We haven't had a normal and calm birthday since before the treatment and now I'm finally cured." I turned back to him watching his excitement. "So let's just stay here and watch some movies and be together." I felt Chris reach for my hand under the table and squeeze at as we both listened.

"Of course, buddy." Chris said. "That's a great idea."

It was the perfect day. Just me, Chris, Melody, Allison, and Oliver. Everyone was finally healthy and happy. Chris recovered from his stroke. Oliver finally finished his chemo and was leukemia free. It had been about three years for us to get to this point, but we were here, and we were going to stay here. Happy. Healthy. And together. As one. Chris and me. Us and the kids. Together we were given the chance to be together again, together as one. And to live the life that Chris and I had always wanted.

BTW This was kinda flashforward kinda thing. This is the end. Hope you enjoy it as much as I loved writing it! :) honestly wish I could keep it going but I don't want to make it bad by prolonging it!!😂

If you have any suggestions for another book lmk!!💜