Chapter 7

Chris POV

They were taking her for the test now and I gripped Chyler hand as she tried to keep my calm. I panicked as I saw them taking her away.

When she left the room, I turned and landed into Chyler's arm. We cried together unsure of the outcome. We were scared and nervous and had so many thoughts swirling through our heads..

It had been two hours and Melissa still wasn't back. This time scared me more than anything had before. Chyler sat in a chair watching me pace around the room. Chyler had gone from holding and cradling Allison to just sitting still in fear. We were both a mess.

I kept looking at the door hoping to see her appear in the doorway. I couldn't take this, waiting to see her, and most of all waiting for the results. Melissa was more patience than me, always had been, and usually she was the one keeping me calm, but now when I needed her, she wasn't here.

"Hey." I turn quickly and see Jeremy in the door. I am about to jump on him, but then realize that he didn't have any more answers than the two of us. "Still nothing?" Jeremy asked kind of already knowing the answer. I shrugged as the two of them played with Allison in her crib.

Allison usually lifted my spirits, but not today when this one test determined if I should think about killing my wife. It frustrated me not being able to do a single THING. I kept pacing hoping it would help pass the time. Instead, it just made it longer.

Then, I heard it. A gurney was coming down the hallway and I ran to the door to see. It was Mel. I saw her dark blonde curls at her side. I quickly stand back in the room so they can make their way into the room.

"It's her!" I told them. Chyler quickly put the baby back in the bed and hurried to the side of the room. They wheeled her in, quickly, and before a second could escape, I ran to her.

I looked for anything, new movements, new scars, hoping she'd wake, maybe. But she still looked the same. Pale. White. Asleep. Frozen. I turn to the nurse hoping for information.

"The test results will be in tonight." The nurse said showing a smile before exiting.

I couldn't take this waiting. This was my wife; the love of my life and I didn't know anything! It frustrated me and I felt myself grow angry. I turned to the two of them, and their sympathetic eyes told me they saw the anger boiling in my blood. Jeremy grabbed me and shook me calmly.

"Hey, dude, it'll be fine. Results will be in later." He tried to calm his voice.

"I just need to know." I whispered allowing my angry to fade into sadness. I felt my body go numb with pain. Jeremy's body wrapped around me, trying to make it better, but nothing could make this better.