Chapter 11

Chris POV

That night, we drove home as a family. Baby Allison was in her new car seat next to Oliver while Melissa and I were in the front. I took the driver's seat and as we drove into the night, I held Mel's hand tightly in mine. I didn't want to let her go. EVER. I just wanted her right next to me and I never wanted anything to happen to her again.

When we arrived home, I got out a sleepy Oliver and carried him upstairs. Melissa was not too far behind me with little Allison, cradled in her arms. Melissa took Allison to her room as I redirected myself into Oliver's room.

It was a Friday, so I knew that the first day of the weekend tomorrow would hectic. I groaned quietly not wanting to deal with it, since all I truly wanted was a peaceful day with the four of us. Knowing we had a one month old and a hyper four-year-old, we would be getting nothing close to that tomorrow. As I tucked Oliver into his bed and was about to leave, he grabbed my hand.

"Daddy? Is mommy going to be okay now?" He asked me with his eyes fighting to stay awake through this conversation he desired to start. I smiled at him and brushed his hair out of his eyes. He looked so precious and innocent.

"Yes. She's going to be just fine, Ollie." I told him before I leaned down and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "Now get some sleep." He squeezed my hand and then let go as a smile found it's way onto him face.

I waited at the doorway for him to stop moving, indicating he was asleep, and when he finally did, I walked over to Allison's room. I could Melissa as I approached.

I put my arms around Melissa's waist as I pressed my chest against her back. She was outside the room and with the door cracked open ever so slightly, she was watching Allison sleep. I gave her a kiss on the head and then put my lips on her ear.

"You ready for bed?" I asked soothingly. She nodded and I let go of her. She started to walk to our room as I took one more peak at our daughter.

After watching she squirm in her sleep, I began walking towards our room and stopped once more. I wanted to check on Oliver one last time.

He had a new night light, so I decided this was the time to begin closing his door during the night, so he could get use to the dark. He was asleep, so he wouldn't notice anyway.

I walked past him room and entered our own. My eyes immediately landed on Melissa who was about to get in bed.

"Aren't you going to get in your pajamas?" I ask her as a soft laugh escaped my lips. She smiled and shrugged effortlessly. She continued to get under the covers, ignoring me. I could she exhausted from the overwhelming day.

"I don't feel like it." She laughed as I slid into the covers on the other side of her.

"I know it's been a long day. Is there anything you need me to do?" I ask her, wanting to do everything possible to help her adjust back to her life.

"Can you just hold me?" She asked turning her head to face me. I felt an immediate smirk spread across my face. That was all I wanted.

"Absolutely." I said as I kissed her on the forehead. She rolled over so that her body was facing me. I then scooted over so that her head was resting against my chest. I wrapped my arm around her body, and it felt so right. I wrapped my arm around her waist, and I felt her hands rest close to my chest.

"I love you." Melissa whispered in the dark for only me to hear. I smiled and rubbed her arm once more before resting my entire body.

"I love you, too."