Chapter 5

Chris POV

Five minutes had pasted, and I felt my head fall onto her arm. It was cold, but it was comforting, knowing she was still here. I lift my head and look back at Oliver asleep on the chair. I kiss her hand and look back at her as I watch the machine helping her breathe.

"I'll be back." I said letting go and starting to walk out of the room. "I have to go see Allison." I look back hoping that she would open her eyes or flinch or move. I stared at her body waiting for something that I knew wouldn't come.

I quickly inform the family of Mel's room number and they all go flooding past me and I wait for them to all be gone, so I can go on my way, but Chyler doesn't move.

"Chyler, don't you want to see her."

"Not like this." She said and I felt her emotion being crushed with sadness.

"She needs you." I say coming near her and placing my hand on top of hers.

"No, she doesn't. I didn't get her here in time. She's in a coma because I didn't react fast enough."

"Hey, you don't know that." I said somehow being calm.

"Yes! Yes, I do!" Chyler said looking up with tears falling down her face.

"Chyler," I said sitting next to her, trying to calm her down. I knew what I needed to do for her. "You want to go meet your niece, Allison." She turned her head quickly and I could see her expression change.

We walk down the hallway past Mel's room and to the nursey. I see so many happy faces, but yet I couldn't get happy myself. I see the babies squirming and laughing.

I couldn't get to my daughter faster. I look to the side and see Chyler just as excited, yet I couldn't get my mind off of Melissa.

But then I saw her. There she was. My beautiful baby girl. She was giggling and had her eyes closed. She was so perfect. I felt myself smile and a tear fall down my face.

"Allison." I say out loud and her eyes flew up open as if she knew that it was to her. She smiled at us and I felt another tear run down my face. I reached into the plastic bed and picked up my little girl. She kept her eyes open giggling every so often. We both looked at her intensely wanting her to show us all her talents.

"How come all your kids look like Melissa?" Chyler said joking. I laughed knowing she was right. Allison had Melissa's blue eyes and every time she began giggling, I felt Mel with me. I lifted Allison and held her against my chest as I cried of happiness. She made everything better.