"Is something the matter?"

The husky baritone caught my attention, causing my gaze to drift somewhere over Hyungsik's shoulder. My heart ricocheted off of my chest as I noticed Jimin approaching us calmly at his own leisure. Behind him was strolling a brown-haired boy with a coy smile playing on his lips.

Hyungsik's eyes enlarged so much they practically resembled pancakes.

"I fucking knew it." He grumbled bitterly, nose scrunched in a disgusted grimace.

"Knew what?" Jimin observed him with amusement, whereas I started going through ways of lighting myself on fire in my mind.

Hyungsik paid him no mind, completely ignoring him as he turned to me, "You're sleeping with him, aren't you?"

"Oh, hell no!" Quinn snapped, ready to throw hands. "You don't get to talk that way to her!"

I raised my forefinger, signaling her to stop talking. I didn't need someone to advocate for me, although I appreciated her enthusiasm. However I was perfectly capable of giving Hyungsik a piece of my mind and putting him in his place.

"Are you jealous?" was all I said, a wide grin occupying my lips.

This seemingly made him angrier than anything else, just like I knew it would.

Oops, sue me. I love to play with fire.

"I had a feeling this would happen," he hissed. "I fucking saw it coming. From the second I saw you here. The dress, the shoes... you can't afford to visit an establishment like this, Diane. It was just a matter of time before you found another brainless, foolish and reckless multimillionaire boyfriend to have wrapped around your pinky!"

"Excuse you," Jimin interrupted, not the least bit offended and keeping his demeanor calm. "I am most definitely not brainless, thank you very much. However, you got the multimillionaire part right." He smirked.

At this point, Hyungsik was practically fuming. He directed his dagger-yielding stare to Jimin.

"And you," he puffed his chest slightly, taking a step forward. "I guess you're too blind to see her for what she truly is."

Jimin regarded him cooly. "What I'm seeing is a butt-hurt whimpering manchild who is salty that the girl he's whipped for isn't as into him as he is, so he's resorting to insulting and shaming her for being beautiful and catching the attention of other men. It ain't her fault you don't know how to keep her."

Holy crap, I think my heart just did a thing.

"And to do that on her birthday," Jimin tsked, pursing his lips in disapproval. "What a shame."

"It's never cool to ruin someone's birthday, man," Jimin's friend added with a devilish smirk. He seemed to be amused by the whole confrontation.

Hyungsik huffed, his jaw twitching. "Whatever. I just hope you know what you're getting into."

"Last time I checked I was a full-grown ass adult who doesn't need guidance from strangers."

"She will disappoint you. Mark my words."

"You know this how?" Jimin scoffed. "Are you psychic or something?"

"The best predictor of future patterns are past patterns," Hyungsik grumbled. "And I've been watching the same behavioral patterns play out for a year now. Diane is the type of person who never takes people's feelings into account and flees situations she deems uncomfortable. She is selfish and irresponsible. Really, what do you expect from a girl who sleeps with her college professor?"