Chapter Two: Kailey Rivers

I was in my apartment again the smell of demon and mint hit me. The small place was quiet. Decker was nowhere to be seen. My boots thumped along the wooden floors as I made my way over to the retro light blue fridge that looked disgusting against the pale yellow walls. I was hungry.

Being the grim reaper comes with its perks, I can eat as much as I want of whatever I want and I don't gain a single pound. Every human envies this.

I threw open the fridge door and let the cold air hit my skin before I opened my eyes and I found... absolutely nothing.

"Decker" I screamed to the ceiling "Decker I'm going to fucking kill you"

"If you kill me I cant restock the fridge"

"I threw a knife in the direction of the voice"

"Ouch fuck, right in the shoulder," Decker said stepping out more so I could see him clearer

"Creepy much, why did you eat all the food you little cunt" I spat

The down side to sharing an apartment with a demon they are always hungry to.

"I was hungry and ate all the food, but then I realized how pissed you would be so I went and brought some more"

"Did you buy or steal?" I asked "and give me the fucking food"

"I brought it. I used my illusion to buy it," he said handing a bag of food.

"Only one" I complained

"My illusion is not a hot shot rich ass model like you," he said

Money does not come with the illusion, I worked for that"

"No you married a rich guy then killed him a few months later"

"He died of a heart attack," I argued

"That you inflicted on him"

"Stop changing topic you are making me sound like a bitch"

"You are a bitch"

"Watch it or your precious dick is going in the blender"

"Empty threats aren't a good reputation there Death"

"Who said it was empty?"

He cleared his throat uncomfortably

"That's what I thought," I said taking the chips out of the grocery bag and opening it up shoving a handful of chips in my mouth

"So attractive right there" he teased

"Shhhuff ugf" I replied my speech screwed up because of the chips

"Yep defiantly pulling in the guys with that look"

I emptied my mouth before speaking again

"At least I can get the guys, you have to compel the human hookers to even serve you"

"Ouch that hurt"

"Oh but you secretly love it" I teased grabbing another handful of chips and shoving it in my mouth again.

"Your so funny"

I blew him a kiss and walked off to my room he followed closely behind me.

I lay down on the bed and it creaked under me, Decker lay beside me looking at me with wide eyes.

Being the grim reaper means you have the extra strength and all that jazz. Sadly muscle is heavier than fat so I tend to be heavier than I look. What I find weird though is that when I'm the twig bitch illusion I lose all the extra weight but keep all my strength and stuff.