Chapter Three: Out for the kill

'I'm on the highway to hell'

Crap my phone, where is it Decker?" I said opening my eyes

"On the floor just down there" he said as his hand dropped pointing to my phone he just covered his face with his arm and pulled the blanket up higher, where did the blanket come from?

"Hello" I said

"Downtown now" he said, he was not in a good mood

"Find the two demons?" I asked

"No I got interrupted this morning by a phone call"

"What? Why?"

"A certain death you need to see"

"Who?"

"Get your ass down here right now and find out, I wouldn't have called if it wasn't important you have five minutes"

"Okay I'll be there"

I hung up, and then cursed I never got the address off him,

'224 Lacklog road' the text said sent from Lucifer.

"Lucifer?" Decker asked

"Yeah rung up about some death I had to see"

"Why this early?"

"I don't know, I gotta go"

"Will I see you later?"

"We will see" I say walking out of the living room and changing into twig bitch. I chucked on a mini skirt with a pale pink crop top with matching heels.

"You are going as her?" he asked standing at my door his hair in all directions

"Yeah, I don't know who's going to be there"

"Okay, fair enough" he said slumping down on my bed "want me to take you?"

"No it's fine I'm teleporting there right now actually"

And with that I was gone in a puff of black mist arriving at a pathway where Lucifer stood with three other cops.

"Mrs. Rivers" Lucifer said

"Sheriff Burns" I smiled sweetly

"I'm told you are close with this woman, would you like to go see what happened"

"I guess I better face it now rather than never" I said my eyes tearing up

Lucifer took me up the steps of the house and inside. Suddenly it all clicked

The peeling paint, the rotten windows and the greasy stain down the wall. But the sandwich was cleaned up.

Crap, it can't be the boy I would of sensed it. Did Cindy do it?"

"Yeah, you screwed up. She committed suicide this morning 4:45 to be exact; her kid found her at 8 and called. Well here you are an hour later"

"How is this screwing up? She decided to do it not me' I didn't force her"

"She was under demon influence by you"

"That's why I never sensed her death. Last night was not a good night for me"

"It's going to look like you forced her"

"But I fucking didn't! I wiped her memory of me"

"But forgot the kid, it looks so suspicious"

"It was a mistake, I didn't do it"

"You know the elders are not going to look at it this way"

"Those old fucking farts"