Chapter Four: Burning sensation

I paced the living room waiting for Decker to return home. His voicemail filled my ears as I tried to reach him.

I Rung Lucifer

"Death" he said angrily

"Is Decker with you? He hasn't come home and isn't picking up his cell"

"I know what you are going to do Death, and I'm not allowing it"

"What am I going to do then Hell Horns?" I snapped

"You are going to kill him for ratting you out on your plan"

"I'm not bullshitting Lucifer I wouldn't go that far think about that, now where is Decker this is important"

"He's with a woman and won't be home until morning"

"What kind of woman? She better not have been a witch"

"No Death, he is with the desk assistant you nearly slaughtered the other day"

"What" I yelled

"Now I don't pay you to stand around, you have a job to do"

"You don't even pay me," I muttered

He hung up on me.

"Fuck you to then" I said to myself

"No thanks, I have had my share for tonight" Decker said appearing in the living room, his hair was messed up and his jeans were still undone.

"You have got a lot of explaining to do mister"

"What? Can I not go and have s-"

"Yes but it's who with I'm pissed about, no I'm not pissed. That is beside the point, I'm talking about a little visitor I had asking for you to pay up"

"Some ones jealous, wait what?"

"Jackson" I said bitterly "He came here saying you owed him money"

"Did he say what for?"

"No" I lied for some reason I felt like I needed to

Relief crossed over Decker's face but was soon covered up with his stupid grin again

"What's so funny?"

"You, you are so pissed about me sleeping with her, wait how do you know?"

"Lucifer" I snapped

"How does he know?" Decker said looking confused

I was trying so hard to hold my tongue

"Death"

"What" I said through gritted teeth

"You look like you are going to explode, go on say it" he said amused

I snapped, "Decker are you fucking serious? Her? Out of everyone in the world. Decker I would prefer you to fuck my own mother than that stupid whore who works on the main desk"

"As amusing as this is death, she never worked on a main desk she was a witch"

I stopped in my tracks, the train has hit a very confusing brick wall

"What? A witch? Not the bitch that works in Lucifer's building"

"No a witch, Lucifer must have been pulling your leg"

My hand turned white as I clenched it harder and harder feeling like my fingers were going to pop out of their sockets.

"Fucking dickhead, what is with him lately, wait now that reminds me what's this whole ratting me out story?"