Chapter Nine: The Sound Of Peace

Just a warning this chapter is a bit on the uncomfortable gross side of life (I tried at least) so if you are really squeamish, then why the fuck are you reading this book? Either way it's a warning you don't have to read but you will miss vital information parts.... Anyways enjoy  >;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before going back to the apartment I decided to cloak myself and go back Fox street. I kept my distance as I listened to a conversation between two figures.

"What do you mean he's gone!" A voice roared

"He's gone I have been sitting here for the last three hours and nothing but somehow he has left "

"Did you put a supernatural barrier up so nothing got in or out?"

The second figure fell silent their heart beat racing "um no I didn't"

"You idiot! I knew I shouldn't have killed your mother, she wouldn't have let a mistake like this happen"

"My mother never had the time to teach me! Marigold Everlong a famous talented witch and you kill her! End her life because Death interfered with your plans, well guess what she did it again! She teleported in there and took him and I done nothing to stop her"

"You little-"

"Now now" I interfered "killing a witch is bad luck"

They both stood there their mouths hitting the ground.

"Yes Lilly, I am Death great to meet you" I said answering her question in her mind I was about to do the same to the other until I hit some information I didn't want to know...

"You" I snapped facing him

"Death" he cooly replied

"Mr Grim"

He just stood at me his mind partly blocked, Lilly wasn't strong enough to fully block him but she got all the important stuff.

"Lilly, I know I said it was bad luck to kill a witch but darling drop the block in his head or it will be your head dropping on the floor"

"I can't" she sobbed "he will kill me"

I will admit, I was taken back by her fear. Since when is anyone more scared or some peasant rather than me!

"Lilly darling, do you know who I am?"

"The grim reaper, sorry the mighty grim reaper" she said nervously

"And what is my job?"

"To kill and collect souls"

"Good, good. Now before I collect the souls what do I have to do again?"

"Kill the subject"

"Good girl. Now drop the block in his head before I kill you" I said sweetly

"Wow death" Grim started "way to sugar coat it"

"Good girl, now I'm teleporting you somewhere, don't kill any of them and behave yourself. I'm setting you free from this. Oh and Grim, stay there I have to make a quick call" I said mentally cementing Grim to his spot