Chapter Eight: Winged Fury

"Is it done?" Decker said as I returned to the old stuffy apartment, He was sitting on the couch the tv on a random channel muted while he sat surfing on his phone. Ajax had already left leaving no trace that he was even there.

"Yeah his memory is wiped and is asleep in his bed" I said exhausted

"so" he said placing his phone down giving me his full attention "what was inside the boys head"

"well he has been through a lot for a four year old" I said, I couldn't help but smile at my next line,

"and three quarters" I mimicked Ashton

"Ajax said that the memory wiping won't last long" Decker said breaking me from my thoughts

"How long? And why?"

"Ajax said a few years maybe until he's sixteen at least no later than twenty"

"oh please by that time he will think he's crazy or something and will be to old to even believe it"

"He kept going on about some angel bond and how rare it is. he seemed really fascinated by it"

My attention suddenly caught by what Decker was saying my tiredness suddenly disappearing
"Angel bond? this is the first i have heard of it and I have been around for centuries"

"probably because its so rare" he said shrugging his shoulders, brushing it off

"well if its angel I will go to the library and hit cupid up" shock crossed my face "holy fuck cupid! the bitch said that they tortured him"

I quickly pulled out my phone and dialled hell horns number

"hello"

"locate cupid, now"

"I'm good thanks, yourself?"

"seriously lucifer he could be in real danger"

"Is he blocked?"

"shouldn't be, if what the chick said is true he will be to weak to do anything"

"give me a second"

"fine"

"the basement of a large mansion on Fox Street, number 23 I believe, downtown"

"thanks"

I hung up and disappeared in a flash finding myself in a dark wet basement, the walls were bare with cracks lining the stone cold bricks, a couple of large pipes ran along the ceiling dripping water every few seconds. The room was empty except a small table with all these tools and weapons in it, that were all caked in blood. Down the far end of the room was a single flickering bulb casting a very dim light with cupid in a chair under it bound by the hands and ankles his large wings spread out taking up the width of the room.

"Wow talk about cliche"

"Death?" A weak voice croaked out

"Cupid?"

"how did-" he broke of in a coughing fit blood forming in the corners of his mouth

"Save your strength I'm getting you out of here"

The cuffs that kept cupid bound in the chair were similar to Ajax's, they had angel runes meaning he couldn't move. Cupid was in bad shape, really bad shape he sat on the chair his blonde hair smothered in is blood, a black eye that was completely shut, swollen cheek, his bare chest was covered in even more  scratches, bruises and cuts. straight away I undone the cuffs them burning my fingers as I did.