Chapter Twelve: Flowery Shirts

Birthday Chapter for you guys... yes its my birthday and instead of receiving today i thought, i would give. Enjoy the chapter guys   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Anything yet Baby Everlong?" I snapped

I grew tired of waiting. Actually I grew tired in general; between all the jobs over the last week and a so called potential lead we got our hands on kept me awake for most of the time. I've probably had about three hours sleep over the course of a week so I'm not exactly pleasant to be around. Decker has been with some hook up for the last week avoiding me, Lucifer is always in hell only calling when souls stack up and Ajax has to 'run the store' even though his daughter is fully capable of doing it. The only one who can tolerate me is baby Everlong but even I'm pushing it with her. Speaking of I never got a reply from her...

"Oi" I rudely said "Everlong, you there"

"I've found him" she said

"What?" I said racing to her side, he eyes were turned over in her skull. Which is normal trust me.

"Well more like her, it's a woman, she's in bed"

"Let me into your mind" I said suddenly seeing what she was seeing

It was one of those cliché movie scenes, the pretty girl just waking up from her slumber, her bare tanned body luckily covered by the pure white sheets. Obviously just had the best sex of her life and waking up to find no man beside her. Ha shame bitch.

"You're sure this is the place? She's a woman. Vincent is a man's name"

"This is it, it doesn't make sense I have checked so many times and it keeps leading back to here; maybe she did a male name to throw you off?"

"It was a male I was talking to on the phone though"

"Body guard?" she said unsure

"Possibly, I'll go check it out"

"I don't th-"

"I won't kill anyone I'll just observe. As bitchy as I am I know when my anger can really fuck something up"

"Okay fine, but I am keeping a link to you so I know you are safe... ish"

"Fine, don't tell anyone else yet just encase it's a dead end"

"I won't" she said feeling a strong link form in my mind.

****

I arrived at the destination; it was a simple hotel room. There were no guards around, nothing to protect this woman, okay so there was no big guard parties, I could feel another figure, but you think someone taking on the mighty, sexy, extremely amazing... Okay I'm getting carried away. But someone taking on the grim reaper might have a bit more protection around; unless they are trying not to attract attention.

I decided to snoop a bit closer actually entering the hotel room hiding myself from everything. The smell of demon and mint hit me. Well she was a demon at least. But I could hear a heartbeat so her guard must have been human. Why the fuck would you have a human guard? They are useless, at everything. Seriously?

Everlong, can you hear me through this link?

Yeah I can hear all your current thoughts, you are allowing me to. I can communicate to you mentally.

What do you think of this?

I find it strange. Everything I tracked lead to here but it seems like a dead end. So either it's her or we have been set up.