Chapter22

Naomi's POV

      I wake up hungover. I was sprawled on the floor and my mouth was dry. I had been drinking for the past couple days. Some could consider me a board line alcoholic. I mean I've been doing the same thing for the past two weeks. The showcase being in a week.

I will wake up with a hangover . Do everything to get rid of it. Go practice for the showcase. Teach my class. Go get liquor come back to my hotel where I've been living for the past two weeks. I needed space from Oliver and Jada. Feeling like I was in this all alone doesn't help. I mean maybe Jada was right. Maybe I was wrong for doing Oliver the way I was. Maybe this was my karma for hurting him unknowingly.

But that's the thing it was unintentional. She seemed to be taking his side on this. Our maybe I was just more comfortable blaming her than me. Maybe I was just scared to love him because I know that it'll be real. That it's not something that could just mean nothing to me. It would mean everything and I was terrified of it. I noticed that I was not in love with Finn. That somehow I'd been forcing myself to believe that Oliver was my brother. That we were friends.

      I noticed how he'd smile at me. Or stare at me longingly. I noticed it but I never thought much of it, mostly because I was too blind to put the pieces together. I never wanted to see what was right in front of me out of fear. Mostly of losing him. And here I am losing him anyway.

I wish I was smart enough to build a time machine. Take me back to the before any of this happened. To where I first met him. I was just his tutor. That became his friend but this time I would choose him. Maybe we would've made it. I don't know. I don't know everything. I barely know what's happening now. But then again I think maybe we weren't together back then because we weren't ready. I know I was wasn't. I was stuck in a relationship with a guy who only gave a fuck about himself.

Sometimes when you take a step back from life you realize all of the shit you missed. After the world stopped spinning I stand up off the floor. Grab the gallon of water I had in the mini fridge all night and drank it. I also ate some toast. I took a shower and got dressed. Then I head to the studio. Where the same exact thing happens over and over.

My choreograph seemed cheesy and off. It felt better as two people. But I don't exactly have people lining up to be my partner so I'll have to do it on my own. My phone starts to ring as I finish my divine move.

Queue eye roll.

I answer it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answer.

"What is this I hear of you staying in a hotel and ignoring Jada!" My mother roars through the phone. I wince. My head still pounding slightly from my hangover.

"Jeez ma. It's too early for this." I say.

"ITS THREE IN THE DAMN AFTERNOON! What the hell is going on Naomi Morgan Bell!" My mother shouts once again. I panic and hang up. I cover my mouth with a gasp. She's going to kill me. My phone rings again. And I swear it felt like I was gonna answer and she was gonna say 'seven days. You have seven days to live.' My heart pounds as my finger hovers over the green answer button.

"Hello?" I whisper.

"Why haven't you been returning any of my calls?!" Jada shouts now. I roll my eyes.

"You went and told on me to mommy? Are you serious?" I accuse.

"Look I'm not gonna sit on this small ass phone and listen to you accuse me of something you know I did. Shit is ridiculous. Where are you?" She says. And I scoff. I've missed her that's for sure.

"The studio. Where else would I be?" I say. She sighs.

"Before I give mommy back her phone, because she's looking at me with her lips pouted and I bet her teeth will be clenched when I give it back to her. I need your help moving somethings from my storage unit. Can you help me?" She says and I want to laugh but I won't because I know I'm on speaker.

"Why didn't you ask what's his face?" I ask. I was curious about how he was doing. Sue me. If I heard he wasn't doing well it would make me feel better.

"He can't make it. Something about his dad. Thanks boo. Text you the addy. See you soon. Smooches." She says and I hear a shift in the back ground.

"Let me tell yo black narrow ass something. If you don't start calling me I'm gone come down and there and stick my foot so far up yo little ass you'll be throwing up toenails and nail polish out for a month. Do you hear me?" She says through clenched teeth. I flinched and she wasn't even here. I knew my mother threats meant nothing. But she still scared me.

"Yes ma'am I'm sorry mommy." I say. We have a conversation about everything that's going on. And in the end she tells me to make up with Oliver so that she can have some grandkids before she dies.

I soon grab my things and get in my car driving to the address Jada sent me. I see her car and hop out. She waves me over and I go jump on her. Wrapping my legs around her waist. I kiss her forehead before jumping down. And she slaps my shoulder I pout.

"That's for not answering my calls!" She shouts. The she flicks my nose hard.

"And that's for leaving me on read. You asshole!" She yells again. And I pout. She kisses my forehead and pulls me inside the storage place.

"Yeah you go ahead. First on on the right." I nod my head and follow her directions. I walk in and saw that was empty. I freeze confused until I turn and see her physically shove Oliver inside with me and before either of us could make a run for it she closes the shed.

I run towards the gate pushing Oliver out the way. Banging on the door.

"JADA YOU KNOW IM CLAUSTROPHOBIC! LET ME OUT OF HERE!" I scream.

"NO NOT UNTIL YALL FIX THIS! IM TIRED OF YOU BOTH WALKING AROUND LOOKING AND ACTING SO MISERABLE!" She shouts back.

"WE'RE GONNA RUN OUT OF OXYGEN! YOU PSYCHOPATH!" I shout. She hits the shed.

"BETTER TALK FAST THEN BUTT BUTT!" She tells. I turn around and glare at Oliver.

"This shit. All of it. Is your giant ass fault!" I immediately blame him.

He looks perplexed and tired. Like he hasn't been sleeping. I soften a little.

"Oh really ! Midget 'let's fuck for fun and not let things get complicated'." He says. I scoff. This is gonna take a lot longer than anticipated. I had a cold bottle of wine sitting in my car. It's gonna get hot.