CHAPTER 45 : MISSING YOU

Chandu's point of view

Five minutes into it and Seeta arrived. " Hey. I thought you didn't come ". " What made you think that ? " " I didn't find your car and bike too. So I thought you were on leave ". " Oh ". No words came out of my mouth. I hope she doesn't question it. " Then how did you come to office ? " Oh shit. " Someone dropped me ". " May I know who is that someone ? " She asked raising an eyebrow at me. " Karthik ". I said it as low as possible. " Okay. Wait, WHAT ? " She yelled out loud grabbing every ones' attention. " Stop shouting ". " When ? How ? Why ? " I pulled her to the restroom. " Tell me all the details and by the way you look more colorful today. You look pretty ". She smiled at me like a proud sister. " Thank you ". I told her the reason he was here. " That's so sweet of him ". I smiled at her statement. It was true.

The day passed by pretty quickly and I was home by 5:30. Seeta wanted to meet him,so she came along with me into the house. I rang the door bell and the door opened to reveal him. He had a smile like he always has. We entered the house and sat on the couch. They both sat on the sofa while I sat in the sofa chair beside it. " So Karthik, this is Seeta. Seeta this is Karthik ". They both exchanged greetings. " Finally. I got the chance to meet you in person ". She is exaggerating it too much. He chuckled at her statement. I hadn't noticed it till now but he was still in his suit. But he unbuttoned the collar button and the one below it. He removed the tie too. His hair was a little ruffled but not too much to look shabby. He was looking like a hot CEO of a million dollar company. Why do I sound so much like a pervert today ?! I chuckled at my own thoughts. He was handsome, so it is his mistake that I am like this.

" I will get some coffee for you guys ". I was not a coffee person, so I prepared it only for them. I could hear them speaking even if it was low. "She is a really nice girl. Such a sweetheart. I hope you take really good care of her ". " Sure I will ". " I know. Your eyes never lie even if we do. I can see the love in your eyes ". I smiled to myself listening to their conversation. Seeta knows about Satya too. Maybe not in detail but briefly. I told her once when she comforted me while crying. I went back to see them chatting with each other. " What are you guys talking about ? Gossiping about me ? " I asked wiggling my eyebrows. " About you, but not gossips. Why ? Shouldn't I chat with my brother-in-law ? ". " Sure you can ". We laughed at it and she left after finishing her coffee. " Nice meeting you ". She drove away towards her house. 

" She is a really nice person ". Karthik commented as we were back sitting in the living room. " True. Why are you still in this dress ? " " I came back in the afternoon. I had a slight headache, so I slept after having lunch. So I forgot to change ". I nodded in acknowledgement. " How did the interview go ? " " It was good. I think I will get it ". " That is nice to hear. I will change and be back ". " Yeah. Even I should ". We stood up and went to our own rooms. I finished taking a bath and was back in the kitchen. I started searching the fridge for vegetables to cook dinner. It was around 7:30 when I was stirring something on the stove. I heard his door open and he came into the kitchen. He stood behind me and hugged me from behind. A smile made its way to my lips. 

" It has been a long time since I tasted your food ". I nodded. I cooked for him when we met up during Sundays at my home. He was back hugging me while resting his chin on my shoulder. " Why do you want to stand ?Just go and sit ". He shook his head vigorously making me giggle. " I want to be with you ". He whispered into my ear and kissed me behind it, giving me goose bumps all over. I took a sharp breath and my heart beat was racing up. He then gave a few kisses on the side of my neck. " Stop it. You are distracting me ". I said even if I didn't want him to. He just chuckled. He stopped kissing me but was still holding me. Once I was done I served all the items on the table. 

We ate the food talking about some random things. Then I put the dishes in the sink to clean. I started cleaning them once I was done with the table. He was sitting on the table chair staring at me and watching my every move. " What is it ? " I asked baffled by his staring. " What ? " " Why are you staring like that ? " He started to walk towards me. " Why ? Shouldn't I ? " By now he was behind me. I turned around to look into his eyes. " I didn't mean it that way. It is just... you are looking at me like you want to eat me up ". I said with a small laugh and was about to turn around. He pulled me by my waist,closer to him. " Of course I want to eat you ". I gasped at his statement and hit his chest. I squeaked a little when he picked me up and placed me on the counter and he stood in between my legs. 

He bent forward to eye level and a dangerous proximity level. His eyes traveled from my eyes to my lips and then back to my eyes. He bent forward and our lips connected. He pulled me closer by putting his hands on my back. I knew how much I missed him and his touch. I could feel the same applies to him too. I slowly removed the gloves on my hands and placed them beside me. My hands moved to grip his hair at the nape of his neck. He put one of his hands behind my head in my hair. We kissed for what felt like eternity and pulled back when were out of breath. We were panting after the long lasting kiss. He then moved back a little and put his forehead against mine. " I missed you ". It was barely above a whisper. If it was noisy I couldn't have heard it. " I missed you too ". I hugged him after saying that. 

I pulled away and flicked his forehead. " Ow. What was that for ? " He asked rubbing his forehead. " It took you this long to say those three words ". He scowled at me making me laugh a little. He then moved back and put me down. I put my gloves back on and started where I left it. " How about we go on a date? It's been a while ". " Sure. When shall we go ? " " Tomorrow ". He said after thinking for a few seconds. I hummed in response. " We will go once I get back home ". " Done ". " But where shall we go ? " " I don't really know this place.But I have seen a few restaurants on my way home today. We can try those ". "Yeah, sure ". We spoke for some more time till I was done cleaning the dishes.

                                                     -MG