CHAPTER 33 : THE TIME LAPSE

Chandu's point of view

After 2 years

We both completed our graduation and working right now. I had to go to another place because of my job. I didn't want to leave but it was something I have dreamed for a lot of years and even Karthik said he was fine if I go. So, all together convinced me to go the place of my job. Karthik got a job as a lecturer at a college. He was doing his masters simultaneously. I was also planning on doing it but my job wasn't giving me much free time. I really missed being at my place, my bed, my parents and more than anything my boyfriend. 2 months passed by since I started my job. I came back home after two months. Even though we spoke to each other every day, it was different when we met in person. I informed him that I was coming there. He was really happy on hearing that. I took a train and was home by Saturday night. 

The surprising thing about our relationship was we didn't have our first kiss till now. Even though it was more than 2 years, I wanted it to be special and he never brought up the topic. We kissed each other on the cheeks a lot many times but not on the lips. So our first kiss was still waiting. He said that he wants to go out on Sunday and I was really happy. I spent my day waking up late and speaking to my parents and sister. In the evening around 4 o' clock we went out in his car. I thought of selling my bike, since I was leaving. He said that he wanted to have it and he takes it to his college. " Where are we going ? " I asked him as soon as we hit the busy streets. 

" Shopping ". " Why so ? " " Actually there is this cousin of mine who lives abroad and my mom wanted to buy a sari for her. Since you are also a girl I thought you will help me ". " Oh ". So it was for someone else. I actually felt jealous because he was buying it for some other girl. " I also need you to select one for my mom ". " Sure ". We drove to a shopping mall and I went to the saris section and started searching for his mother first. Girls do take a lot of time for shopping. I was not really a shopping person and I decide them quickly if I really go for clothes. I knew pretty well about them since I was a designer. I took a little more time than usual. I did it out of jealousy. He was very patient and waited in every mall I went into. He was not even showing any signs of irritation also. It was a little weird. 

By the time I was done it was almost 8. He said that he wanted to have dinner outside. So we went to a restaurant and ate there. Once we were done he wanted to see a movie. He literally dragged me into the theater. It was a little past 12 by the time we were in our street. It was too late. And I had to leave for the morning flight tomorrow. He stopped his car in front of his house. We both removed our seat belts and then I was about to open the door when he stopped me. " Just a minute ". I turned to look at him. " That sari is for you ". " What ? " " I don't have any cousin abroad. It was actually a gift to you. I thought I should buy something for you and mom with my first salary. I really like you in a sari. You are so beautiful in it. I like women who actually wear sari, since I like my mom in it. So I thought I will give you one, since you both are the most important women in my life ". 

I was totally touched by his words. I knew the love he had for his mother. I never expected this from him. He put his mother and me on the same level. It showed how much he loved me. I felt ecstatic by his words. 

                                                 -MG

Author note:

Time slip! Now they are grown up and working. 🤗So from now, it is going to be like this. You will be witnessing the budding romance between them.😘🥰😉 What do you think will be a good start for it? 😏😜 It is fine to be perverted at times right ?! 😅😂🤭