total eclipse of the heart - richie tozier

I walk into the school dance which is our homecoming.
I come into to view the dance ground. My mini heels click when I hold open the door for the person behind me to walk in.
My purple off the shoulder dress, sparkling like stars in the sky as I step in.
My eyes scan for the one person I was looking for. My best friend Rain.
I finally find her dancing with Beverly. Her girlfriend.
That's adorable.
Wait but now who am I gonna hang out with?
I walk over to the bleachers and sit down at the far end. Watching as all the other kids dance to Material Girl.
"I'm not gonna dance, I have no one. You can't force me." I look up to see the Trashmouth of the school walking by with his friend Stanley behind him.
"Come on, just find someone." Stanley whines, walking by.
I watch as they sit next to me, not too close cause I can tell they want there distance.
"All these girls in the school are...so desperate. I'm not wanting that." Richie groans.
"Wouldn't want that either." Eddie shakes his head. "Who else knows how many other dudes in this school they've kissed?"
I look back down at my dress and pick at it. I've never kissed anyone and I actually planned on it tonight.
Only because I asked out the one boy I really liked name Henry. But he denied. I don't even know I picked him anyway, he's terrible to the losers.
"We're gonna go find Beverly and the others. I'll come back." Stanley says.
"Me too. Find someone, the slow dance is gonna start soon." Eddie says standing up and patting him on the shoulder.
I look over at Richie as he picks at his nails. Interesting to wear to a homecoming. A Hawaiian shirt.
I look back down as he looks up at me.
"Turn around..." the song starts and the lights go dim.
All the other people start to slow dance.
Grabbing each other's shoulders, grabbing waists.
I back at Richie to see him resting his hand on his chin, watching them all dancing slowly.
I take in a deep breath and stand up.
I walk up to him. "Hi."
He looks up, his glasses making his eyes look big. "Hi."
"Your Richie, right? Trash mouth of the school?" I ask him, giggling.
"Yeah, sure am miss." He says, pushing up his glasses confidently. But losing his smile when he looks back at the dancers.
"Shouldn't you be with your date? When is he gonna get here?" Richie asks me losing his confidence.
"Why do you think I have a date?" I ask him.
He shrugs. "I mean your pretty and you look the type to get one. Instead of talking to me, you know. Trashmouth Tozier. The one who doesn't shut up."
"Hey, don't be like that." I say, playfully hitting his right shoulder. "And that's why I came up to you. I wanna dance with you."
"Me?" He asks. "Are you sure your not talking to.." he points behind him.
I grab his arm put it back down. "Will you?"
He takes in a deep breath and looks around to see Stanley and his other friends nodding.
I look back down at him. "Fine." He says, standing up.
He follows me onto the dance floor and I turn around to face him.
"Do you know how to do it?" I ask him.
He shakes his head cluelessly.
I grab his arms and put them around my waist.
His breathing hitches, getting nervous.
"Don't get nervous, Richie." I laugh a little. "I don't bite."
"Oh I know you don't...I've never danced with a girl before." He says.
I grin and move my hands onto shoulders.
"See? Not so bad." I smile.
"I can tell. What was I so nervous about?" He jokes.
I look down from his eyes to his nose and lastly his lips. Oh gosh, my 8th grade self is striking again. From when I used to like him.
And now I notice I still do.
He finally looks back after he was looking at his friend for a second.
He chuckles but loses his smile after he knows what I'm about to do.
He freezes when I go in and combine our lips cutely.
I move my arms around his neck and kiss closer.
He wraps his arms tighter.
I let go, not letting go of his shoulders though.
He opens his eyes and looks at me shocked.
"You were my first kiss." He says.
"You were mine too, don't feel left out bud." I say.
I look over to see Rain smirking as she dances with Beverly. Beverly winks at me.
I smile, looking back at him. Knowing I did the right thing.