epilogue.

sullen storms only clear the path

With pre-season around, it was rather quiet at Melwood, spare time generally used to relax or do quick interviews which the french girl decided upon doing. Knowing that the fans enjoyed the content of Wynter on Liverpool's youtube channel, the media team suggested to the player that she was to do a little interview to which she complied to with ease.

As Wynter sat across from the interviewer in the camera's eye line, the entire squad sat silently behind all the cameras and lights as they listened onto their teammate.

"So Wynter, looking back at the amazing season that you had; did you ever think you would have such a great season when you first joined Liverpool?" The interviewer started off.

A soft grin appeared on her face. "Uh, it was definitely something that I wanted because of the whole transition I made from PSG to Liverpool. After I won the World Cup, I knew I had to be better since everyone expected me to perform at a high level. And then before joining the club, I already knew that I was going to be working with some big names and the boys were in the CL final too so I guess that gave me the hint that us as a squad would accomplish so much together. I guess the way in which we did still comes to me as a shock every time I think about it."

"Speaking of the Champions League. Did you anticipate the results of the second-leg of the semi-final?"

"I don't want to say that I didn't but in reality, I did. I had a lot of complications going on in my life during the first-leg, and I guess that put me in a bad position to play well. So during that time, I knew I needed to act up and get my head back into the game. In terms of how the match went," Wynter broke eye contact with the interviewer, quickly glancing at Trent, who sent her a faint smile. "The goal that I scored was premediated in one way or another."

"Really? How's that?" The interviewer asked, shock clear in her voice. It wasn't only her though – everyone seemed indulged into Wynter's claim.

"It kind of came about when Trent and I had gone out to a park near my house to fool around and play a bit of football," Wynter leaned back in her seat, clasping her hands together. "Then after playing for an hour or so, I told Trent that I've wanted to do the bicycle kick that Ronaldo did against Juventus last year and he said yes to the idea. Initially, I thought it was going to be a short process but in the end, it took us twelve shots to actually do it. And to be honest, I think I would have given up if Trent wasn't there with me."

"Is that so?"

"Yes, it's true," she nodded. "During each trial, I was getting more and more frustrated because I wasn't getting any of my shots on target. And around the time I was getting to my breaking point and doubting my abilities, Trent was there to motivate me to keep going and reassured me that eventually, my kick would be successful which it was at the end of the day."

"So are you saying that Trent had an impact on your performance last season?"

A bright grin appeared on her face as she faced the interviewer. "He had and still has a huge impact on my performance today. He's always there for me as a shoulder to lean on when I'm down and I couldn't be any more grateful for a boyfriend and a teammate like him."

In sync, the players behind the camera awed at Wynter's sincere words, making the adults around them laugh. While a soft blush appeared on the scouse's cheeks, Wynter waved the boys off, letting out a little chuckle.

"Okay, guys, moving on," The interviewer announced to those behind the camera, the abrupt noise coming to a halt. "Alright Wynter, last question; you have won the World Cup and the Champion's League. Do you have any goals or aims in mind for this upcoming season?"