five.

how does she handle it?

With God is a woman blasting in the car, Wynter made her way towards training. When she arrived at Liverpool, one of the main culture shocks were the roads—they drove on the left side of the road instead of the right. Of course, she already had knowledge of the country differences but it didn't occur to the footballer that she would actually have to drive herself around. 

Back in France, due to the fact that she still lived with her parents, they reluctantly offered to drive her to practice and if that didn't happen then she'd call an Uber since she couldn't drive at the time. Wynter only got ahold of her driver's license just the year before because of her inflexible football schedule. So the fact that she's was driving on the opposite side of the road made the girl feel quite nervous as she felt as though that one day she'd do something stupid on the road.

As she came to a red light, Wynter began to sing along with the song. "It lingers when we're done, you'll believe God is a—" Unfortunately, the Bluetooth in her car abruptly ceased the music, signalling that someone was calling. She let out a huff, her previously cheerful mood now suddenly sunken. She answered the call, before leaning back in her seat. "Hello?"

"Hi Wyns, how's it going? What are you doing?" She easily recognised the voice of the caller.

"Mom," she breathed out as the light turned green. "I'm currently in my car right now going to practice."

"You better not crash that car of yours."

Wynter rolled her eyes, though thankful that her mother wasn't there to see it. "I'm not going to crash the car. I'm a very responsible individual. Anyways, why did you call and so early? Isn't it like ten back in France?"

"Yeah, but it's earlier where you are. I'm off to visit Nate and the kids with your father. We're going to be in San Fran for a week or so."

"Is that so? So then when are you coming here to Liverpool? Aren't you coming to watch me as well?" She asked.

"Of course, but I don't know when yet Wyns. You know I love you but with the new season starting up, I have to be with my other clients who are all over the world."

"I know but I haven't seen you since you left me here. Alone," the french girl whined to her mother. "I miss you and dad."

"We miss you too but I left you because you've got a job to do over there," her mother reasoned. "Hey, get this. When's your first Champions League match?"

"Uh, I think that's next Tuesday so in eight days."

"Alright, I think by then I'll be back so hopefully your father and I will be able to attend that match."

Wynter couldn't help but break out with a massive smile. "Yeah, merci mom. I'll appreciate it if you and dad were to come that day."

"I know, ma cherie. I think it'll also be quite a match for you since you're going up against your old club."

The light-skinned girl rubbed a hand over her cheek, realisation soon dawning over her. "Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that! But I can't lie, I'm still excited to play against the guys."

"I'm sure you are," as Wynter drove, she heard rustling on the other side of the phone. "Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. How's everything going over there? Are the players treating you well?"

"Everything's okay over here. And yeah, I'm basically friends with all the players. Oh, there's Joe who's been like my best friend since I got here, and Bobby too. He's a really out-going person so that's cool."