ten.

mutual feelings

Matchday once again came back to the Premier League and with Liverpool's consistent wins so far in the competition, the Reds planned to come out of the match in triumph. The team found themselves up against Southampton who wasn't an immense threat to the Reds as well as within the English League itself so the players headed to the stadium with a victory as their final endgame.  

On their way to the stadium, Trent tried his hardest to keep his cool on the bus whether it meant he occupied himself on his phone or threw himself into someone's conversation—nothing seemed to capture his attention –  because someone else had already taken full authority over it and his languid thoughts – that's who kept his mind in constant thought, his shy eyes glancing around and away every now and then and his timid fingers scratching about to make it seem as though he was engaged in action when in reality,

she was all he envisioned in his profound reveries.

His friend, his teammate, his snow angel on an unenthusiastic wintry day— Wynter. That's who he yearned for.

From time to time he took his chances to glance at the forward who was sound asleep, her headphones placed over her ears while her head rested upon Virgil's side who also had a protective arm around her shoulders while he chatted away with Gini. Trent smiled at the warm sight. She seemed at peace as if she was in a tranquil place in life as a footballer. And even though his heart beamed at the view of Wynter, it was the opposite of what Trent currently endured internally.

When the faint cheers and voices of the Liverpool fans reached his ears, the stadium came into his view. Trent took in a deep breath, his tactics to keep his body at bay preferably not for football-related reasons. Although he knew that he would have plenty of chances to win over the only girl on the team, he believed it'd be better if he got it perfect on the first try around. I mean, first impressions were important, right?

Soon after the boys and Wynter got off the bus, many football fanatics awaiting their prominent presence, singing their self-made chants with such humble pride while vivid flashes came from the media. They all passed by the fans and automatic cameras with the aid of the security guards, cautiously getting themselves into the stadium. As soon as they were out the sight of the public eye (well, not exactly since there were more live rolling cameras all around the stadium but whatever), they quickly headed towards the home locker rooms.

"Right, I'll see you all in a few," Wynter declared to the team before she walked over to her private changing room.

Once the boys got themselves situated again in their locking room after the pre-match warm-ups, they sprung up small conversations between each other as they got dressed for the match ahead of them. Some of the coaches were also present in the room though they couldn't go over any match tactics as one of their players wasn't in attendance.

Trent drew his shorts on when he felt a tap on his shoulders. He turned around to catch sight of Joe. "What's up, mate?"

"So are you ready for today?" he asked.

Trent's brows knitted up. "Huh? For the game?"

"Oh don't act so clueless. You know what I'm talking about."

It soon came to the scouse that he'd voiced to his teammate about the event that occurred after the previous training session as soon as he reached the comfort of his home. He had to admit, he hadn't exactly put that particular call into account because at the moment, he was so consumed with content that he needed someone to have knowledge of what he knew of, blissfulness being the only raw emotion that aroused his internal environment.