twenty-five.

secret drought

A few days after Liverpool's disastrous match, no one had publicly heard from Wynter which arose worry within the scouse. Some would say that Trent had no right to feel such a way since he was one of the main reasons why the french girl went off the grid but at the same time, he'd gone through a rough break up which didn't come as a simple decision to him.

"Have you been in contact with Winnie yet?" Tyler asked his brother as all three brothers sat in the kitchen.

Trent sighed, rubbing his face. "No, she hasn't called me and I don't blame her that she doesn't want to. I've been a total dick to her for the past few weeks."

"Yeah, no shit you have," Marcel scoffed, folding his arms as he leaned against the kitchen aisle. Even with the glare that Trent sent his way, he ignored his brother's childish behaviour. "Have you checked with your teammates?"

Trent nodded. "Yes, and none of them have talked to her since she left the stadium. She's probably spoken to Klopp, Virgil and Jordan, but they all refused to tell me anything since she wants to be left alone. She hasn't even been active on social media either, so I doubt she'll talk to any of us any time soon."

"What about her family? Have you talked to any of them?"

Trent blew out a breath at the mention of her family. While he seemed to be on clear waters with Reed and Claire, this wasn't the situation with Wynter's brother. He wasn't direct with his words though the scouse recalls a few pieces of advice Nate spoke on his Instagram live some time after the match occurred, stating that others need to stop coming after my sister for something she didn't do.

"I think it's best I don't talk to them. With our break up and everything, I don't think any of them would like it if I tried to talk to Winnie at the moment."

"She'll come through soon, bro. Don't worry." Tyler tried his best to comfort his brother when Trent's mood suddenly fell, though his efforts were useless.

"How do you know that? I have messed up so bad recently and she probably hates me more than those sexist fans. I just want to apologise, and not because mum said so, but because I genuinely feel like shit for treating someone like Winnie with so much disrespect."

"Someone like Winnie?" Marcel raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?"

Trent glanced up at his brothers with his fingers tapping on the marble counter in a nervous manner. "Well, I don't know. . . As cliche as it sounds, I guess I have never had a girlfriend like Winnie before. She is funny, kind and too nice for her own likely." At the mention of her character, Trent's lips slowly curled up. "Even with everything she has accomplished in her career, she still manages to remain so humble and that will always be something I love about her because players nowadays tend to forget about that."

"Not to mention, her profession is football so her love for the game and sports is huge, just like mine. Unlike my other girlfriends, Winnie doesn't just support my career because we are—" Trent's smile faded away when he realised his wrong choice of words. "because we were in a relationship. She supported me because she knows what it's like to be in a player's position."

"Don't even get me started on her amazing character as a player. She understands what I go through as a player. We almost have identical interests which just made everything easier between us. She can do it all, literally – she won the World Cup for her country, something I dream to do for mine on day. She joined Liverpool after achieving so much on such short notice and has already left her mark on the team. Despite all the shit she goes through, she just keeps going and I honestly don't think people recognise that enough. . ."