four.

justify your deeds

Within the first few minutes of the drive to Wynter's house, an awkward atmosphere had already entered the car. The two football players only spoke when they got into the car then when Wynter put her address into Trent's GPS so he could drive to the girl's house. 

At this point, Wynter couldn't help but feel a tiny ounce of regret suddenly wash over her body. She was never good in situations like this. In all honesty, she found that quite annoying because if it came to interviews and photoshoots, the french girl was an open book—words would easily flow out of her mouth without a second thought. It was unfortunate that she couldn't be like that when it came to the one topic she disliked being asked about. Boys.

Thankfully, the drive from the stadium to the house wasn't that long so when Wynter saw her fine house come into view from a distance due to its placement on high soil, she couldn't contain herself but let out a sigh and leaned back, allowing her head to hit the back of the head retraints.

Trent turned his head in the curly-haired girl's direction. "You alright there?" 

She nodded slowly. "Yeah, I just didn't realise how tired I was until now," she said, turning her head as well to take a glance at the player who sat across from her.

"From the game?"

"The game, the move to Liverpool, moving houses. . . There's just a lot on my mind and I just want to sleep on it when I get the chance," Wynter slumped back into her seat as she glanced out at the dark scenery that surrounded her.

After a brief moment of silence, Trent spoke up. "That must've been hard. Moving out here and stuff."

"Yeah, it was for sure. But I'm glad that out of all the clubs I could have been transferred to, I came to Liverpool."

"Why is that?" 

"Just to name a few, I had the opportunity to be transferred to Juventus or Barcelona. They both offered PSG a good sum of money. But I didn't choose either because I can only speak fluent french and english. Things like culture and the way a country works, I can get used to that. Though if I'm expected to learn a new language or have a translator with me everywhere I go then it's a deal-breaker for me," she explained.

"Didn't other Premier League clubs want you after the World Cup?" Trent asked out of curiosity.

"Well, yeah but bids quickly got higher and higher so I guess Liverpool were the only ones willing to pay that much to get me playing for their club," she shrugged.

"Okay, let me just ask this. Let's say Liverpool didn't bid for you, which club would have you picked? Barcelona or Juventus?" Trent questioned, a hint of playfulness within his voice.

"I mean," Wynter tilted her head to the side, a smile soon gracing her youthful facial features. "I would love to play at Juventus. They've got Paulo Dybala. I think he's pretty awesome. And they recently got Ronaldo and as cool as the club seems, I rather not be in Ronaldo's shadows if I were to join them. I think I would pick up Spanish quicker than Italian and some of my NT friends play at Barca. But then again I'm not a big fan of Messi if I'm being honest."

"You don't like Messi?! How could you not?" Trent said in disbelief.

She laughed at his reaction, shaking her head. "Don't get me wrong, he will always be an excellent football player, but as weird as it sounds after what happened during the World Cup, I would rather play against Messi than alongside him if that even makes sense."

"No, no. I get where you're coming from. It must have a shock winning the match, huh?"

"I wouldn't necessarily use the word shocked because I didn't go into the match believing that we were going to lose though I also kept in mind that it wasn't going to be easy. I guess it's just so cool to be apart of the team who can say they knocked Messi out of the World Cup and in the quarter-finals." Wynter explained as Trent drove into her driveway.