seven.

jealousy game

18/09/18

It wasn't long before the Champions League season rolled along. Wynter wasn't going to lie, she couldn't be any happier to take part in the world-class football tournament. It had been a dream of hers since forever and now, it'd finally become her astonishing reality. After the World Cup she knew opportunity after opportunity would be thrown her way. In her opinion, the Champions League was one of the best.

After Liverpool lost to Real Madrid last season, she always wondered what it was like to come second to the best in Europe—or second-best in any competition. Within football for the past years, she'd gotten used to coming out on top in leagues of all such. But now playing alongside the guys, Wynter knew that the stakes had risen, especially for the Reds.

Wynter took in a deep breath, shoving her hands into her pockets before she made her out towards the press conference room where there were many sports reporter. When she finally took a seat to the far right of the table, it came to her as a surprise as she managed to uphold her vision despite all the flashes that came her way. She didn't go out there alone though—Jürgen as the manager would have to answer questions about the team, while Jordan would also answer questions as the captain of the team. 

First, the reporters questioned the coach about the usual—how is the team doing? How are they going to redeem themselves after the final against Real Madrid? Will any tactics change this season? And so on. If Wynter was being honest, she hadn't paid much attention to what was being said by the coach or Jordan. To not make it seem that way, she occasionally nodded her head. 

It wasn't until the manager was asked a certain question by one of the sports reporters to comment on Liverpool's transfers. He went through all the players until he got to the french girl. "I believe that Wynter here has a lot to offer with Liverpool. She's demonstrated her way of playing and thinking on and off the pitch. I honestly believe that she'll make a huge difference for in terms of goals and playing strategy."

Wynter grinned graciously at her manager.

When she heard her name being called, she offered her famous grin. "Wynter, how are you feeling? In terms of your recent injuries?"

"Honestly, a lot of pain," she joked, causing everyone in the room to laugh. "Uh, no. Thank you for asking that. I'm getting over it. The bruising is slowly going away so that's great. They are only minor, so I don't believe it has affected my performance in training nor will it out on the pitch."

"As this match is going to be your debut match in the Champions League, do you have any concerns or doubts going into it or is it just excitement?"

Wynter moved a single curl off her forehead. "I think it's just excitement going into the Champions League. I'm excited to just play., you know? I'm excited that I get to play against players I never thought I would go against. I wouldn't say that I'm doubtful in any way because I know what I'm capable as well as what my teammates are capable of too. I think that as of right now, I'm just ready to go on this journey with Liverpool."

"You're going against your old club, PSG. How are your feelings and thoughts about that?"

"You never really want to go against your old team, especially when they've put me in the position that I'm currently in, so big thanks to them. Some of the players I haven't seen since the World Cup and the others since mid-pre-season. But of course, it's a competition at the end of the day. So I guess I will have to put my feelings for my friends aside and focus on securing a firm win against them."

"Do you believe that you could bring Liverpool to win the Champions League this season?"

She thought for a brief moment before she spoke up. "I won't necessarily say myself. A victory is won by not only the strikers or forwards, but the midfielders who keep defenders and forwards in their position, the defenders who keep that ball away from their goal and goalkeepers themselves who do their best to not concede any goals as possible. It's all about maintaining teamwork within the game. So to answer your question, I alone can't lead or bring Liverpool to win the Champions League because, in the end, we as a team will win the league, not just one or two players."