twenty-nine.

cased closed

Following the semi-final, Wynter still had to overcome her court case. It was a rather important day for the french girl as the verdict from the jury would finally be voiced much to her relief after such a dreadful process. The case only gained proper attention in January but had been going on since the previous year in August. And so the fact that it was coming to a bittersweet conclusion, the fact that it would no longer linger in her mind sent a sensation of blissfulness over her body.

On top of that, Wynter's emotions had gone through the motions since the case came into the eye line of the court themselves. Stress, anger, confusion, dejection – just to name a few. It had taken a massive toll on her well-being throughout the course of the past few months, having to relive the agony inflicted on her body back in Russia as well as attempting to balance out her relationship with her football career—something she tragically failed to do.

It could be argued that the court appearances also caused a minor fracture in the couple's relationship however neither one of them never thought much of it anymore as they rather not relive the complications that they faced once upon a time ago.

When it came to the court cases, Claire, Alyssa and Wynter's attorneys were apart of the french girl's entourage. However, this time one around, one person couldn't help but tag along onto the dreadful occasion.

As the court had gone to a quick adjournment, Wynter and Trent lounged around in the hallways in a peaceful manner, isolated from all the adults and the serious scenery. The pair sat cuddled up together on the seats provided, the scouse's arm over Wynter's shoulders in a protective manner.

Since arriving, Wynter hadn't spoken much unless advised to and the scouse knew exactly why—even though the case was coming to an end, the jury had yet to voice their judgement which sparked up untouched nerves in the french girl. However, not walking overstep her borderlines, he left the girl in her tranquil place, only offering his comforting touch and words.

Trent rotated his head to glance at his girlfriend, who busied herself by picking at her nails. "Hey, Winnie."

"Hmm?" She hummed, diverting her eyes away from her hands. Her rimless glasses on full display for Trent.

"You look beautiful." He said, pressing a soft kiss to her forehand.

Even with his little, cute gestures, Wynter always still flushed under his influence. "Thank you," she said in a timid tone, leaning closer into his side.

"No seriously; you really do. Your glasses bring out your eyes." He complimented, sliding the glasses up her nose to prevent them from falling again.

Wynter scoffed at his comment. "Okay first off, I have brown eyes so nothing can bring them out. Along with that, these glasses aren't even real! My mom made me wear them so I look smart for today."

Trent placed his finger on her chin so she would look his way, offering his gentle smile. "Well, with or without glasses, I still love you all the same."

The pair had only expressed their first I love you's to each other just a few days ago and yet they couldn't get enough of it.

Wynter grinned brightly at the scouse. "I love you too," she returned the favour, pressing a kiss against his lips. When they pulled away, the french girl spoke up. "Thank you for being with me today. I don't know what I would do if you weren't here."

"It's alright. I want to be able to support you through this process as much as I can. I wish I had known about this beforehand. No one should have to go through this by themselves, Winnie."