seventeen.

grave reminiscence

While the kids occupied themselves on the PlayStation in the living room, the father and the daughter remained in the kitchen and chatted amongst one another, reminiscing on some of their favourite memories and even brought up new ones that have yet to come. When the good and reasonably cheerful conversation came to a comfortable end, they fell into a new one that Wynter hadn't anticipated from Reed.

"So, what I'm hearing from everyone is that you and Trent are officially dating right now," Reed smirked, arms folded from where he sat.

She nodded, smiling. "Pretty much, dad. I thought you already knew about it way before Trent asked me."

"Oh, I did," he scoffed, raising a brow in her direction. "I just wanted to see if you would tell me and surprisingly, you openly told me."

Back in the day since Wynter's mom travelled around the world for her other football clients, Reed was practically left as a stay at home father. So even though the french girl discussed the topic of boys on her mind with her mom, she was also never hesitant to vent about boys to her dad as he was omnipresent throughout her teenage years where the boy troubles rallied into her life.

"I tell you everything, dad," Wynter rolled her eyes though soon eventually broke out with a fine grin. "Of course, I'm going to tell you that I have a boyfriend."

"I know you would, darling. I was just checking. It's just so crazy to think about. It feels like it was just yesterday you were coming to me about Oscar. Speaking of him, are you two still friends?"

Wynter thought for a second before she responded. She shrugged. "I mean, it's only occasional messages here and there, but I wouldn't exactly say we're friends. We're definitely civil with each other."

Reed nodded, understanding. "Well, that's good to hear."

"Do you think it's a bad thing that I don't hate him?"

"Definitely not," Reed shook his head. "You're just a very mature person and you forgave him for what did. There's nothing wrong with that."

"Yeah, I know but the boys from the school team like Thomas, Cam, Maxime. They all think I shouldn't have forgiven him, especially Ky," she huffed, rubbing her temple with her index finger.

"Well, you can't help the fact that you're not one to hold grudges on someone. It's simply natural for you. As a matter of fact, you should definitely invite them over to watch you play or something," he suggested as he took a sip of his drink.

The french player cocked her head to the side in thought, softly biting down on her bottom lip. "Uh, as much as I want to see the boys, I don't think the timing's right. If I invite them then I've to invite Oscar too and I would rather not do that right now, dad. Considering I just got into a relationship with Trent it would seem like I'm trying to one-up him if you think about everything that happened before," Wynter frowned at the unpleasant memories with the boy.

"I guess you're right, my bad. Let's see," Reed situated his chin in his palm, tapping his cheek with his index finger. "what about Kylian? You two are best mates right?"

"Of course, we are. We talk to each other almost every week. He's been my best friend since we were kids," Wynter said, again shrugging. "That's basic facts, dad. You know that."

"Exactly," Reed pointed out, however, in an indirect manner.

"Huh?" her brows pulled together as her grip on her drink loosened. "Dad, I'm confused with what you're trying to say."

"Let me ask you a question, Winnie," he gestured for Wynter to have a seat by his side which she complied to with no hesistaion. "I'm not even going to ask if you love Trent right now because it's way too earlier to tell so early in the relationship but you feel a special way for Trent, right?" her father asked.