twenty-seven.

fall seven times, stand up eight

"So, what I'm hearing is that you and Trent are back together?"

Wynter sighed, shrugging as she glanced at Peyton and Nate through facetime. "I don't know. I mean, we're on steady waters at the moment, we've had some chats here and there but have we been romantically involved with each other again yet? Nope."

"You two better not be romantically involved with each other yet. You just made up with each other," Nate scoffed, folding his arms. "I don't even know why you like guys."

In sync, Wynter and Peyton rolled their eyes at Nate's expectations. "I know, idiot. That's why I've been keeping things friendly between Trent and me."

"Forget your brother," Peyton moved Nate's head out of the camera's view, making Wynter laugh. "Anyway, how are things with Trent and you?"

"Better than before that's for sure," the player snorted. "And I love it. I'm happy that we're past the stage where we were screaming and yelling at each other for no reason. I can actually have a civilised conversation with him. We have hung out a bit for the past few days – both during and outside of training – as friends of course, and I have really been enjoying myself, but. . ."

"But what?" the wife urged.

"I want. . ." Wynter exhaled as she fiddled with her fingers, trying to find suitable words to phrase her feelings in the correct manner. "I want more. I don't just want to be friends with Trent. I want to be with Trent like before."

Peyton's eyes lit up with delight. "Really?"

"Yes, really. I mean, yeah, I went through a tough break-up but during that time, the feelings that I'd for Trent never went away. In fact, they got stronger over the past few days that we've been hanging out. Finally being with him made me realise how much I have actually missed him and his presence. He just—uh," Wynter slumped down in her position when she found herself tongue-tied for the scouse. She squinted her eyes at her brother, whose head sat comfortably on his wife's lap. "You haven't told her yet, have you?"

"Tell me what?" Peyton's eyes moved from the camera to Nate.

"I thought you didn't want me to tell her." Nate shrugged as if he'd done nothing wrong but as he was the brother of Wynter, the french player viewed pretty much everything he did as wrong even if it wasn't.

Wynter sent the basketball player a glare through the phone. "Of course I want her to know. She's more helpful at this than you!"

He rolled his eyes. "Damn, remind me never to give you advice again."

"Can you guys just stop bickering for five seconds and tell me what's going on?" Peyton snapped, silencing the siblings. "Well?"

"Tell her then," the player fell back into her couch and concealed her eyes from the camera's view, knowing very well how her in-law would react to the news. 

"Oh yeah," Nate glanced up at his wife. "A few days ago, I told Pooh I'm convinced that she's in love with Trent."

Peyton's eyes widened, exhilaration ready to pop out. "What?! Oh my gosh! Winnie, is this true?"

"Is it a good or bad thing that I feel that way?" She didn't understand why but she suddenly felt her nerves reach its crest.

"It's amazing! You're finally coming to terms with the facts," Peyton beamed in excitement as she clutched onto Nate.

"Huh, what are you trying to say?" Wynter's face scrunched, failing to view her point.

"Even before Trent broke up with you, Peyton here believed that you two may love each other."