eighteen.

night in paris

As Milo and Iris ventured Liverpool alongside Reed, Wynter was left isolated in her house which to her was a good thing as it allowed her mind to relax without the fear of hearing the sound of delicate furniture colliding with the marble floor. So with the kids and her dad out of the house, she found herself on facetime with Peyton while she had limited time to do so.

However, the conversation wasn't the typical everyday discussion you would find yourself in. Somehow, a few months back Wynter got the ultimate privilege to get an exclusive nomination for the Ballon d'Or Féminin award and so now, she needed someone to accompany her on the trip back to her motherland. There were a few candidates on Wynter's list which is why she needed the opinion of her in-law.

"In your opinion," Wynter started off. "who should come with me to Paris?"

"Trent," Peyton stated without a stutter.

"Really?" Wynter rose a brow in Peyton's direction.

Peyton took a sip of her drink as she nodded. "Hell yeah! I mean, he's your boyfriend after all. . ." she said before she glanced at Wynter with a pointed look. "Why, don't you want him to be there for you when you win?"

She scoffed, shaking her head quickly. "Don't say I'm going to win. There are so many other amazing players up for the award."

"Of course, and here comes Winnie with her humbleness. This is all coming from the same and only female player who has ever won a Men's World Cup. Yeah, 'cause you're definitely not going to win," Peyton playfully rolled her eyes at her denial. "Anyway, answer my question then."

"I wouldn't mind if he were to come with me it's just that I've different options that's all," the french player explained, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Who else were you thinking about?"

Wynter sighed, beginning to go through a mental list. "Well, I had my mom in mind and she'll be at the ceremony but she said she'd rather not walk the red carpet and instead simply just be apart of my entourage for press and stuff. Dad has to be with the kids here. Nathan will be busy as per usual," she placed a forced emphasise on her brother's name, offering a swift eye roll.

"Hey! I heard that," Wynter recognised her brother's voice before he popped into the frame beside Peyton. "You never even asked me."

"Okay, then," she sighed with a ghost of a smile across her lips, situating her chin on her palm. "Would you like to come with me to Paris?"

"I appreciate the offer Pooh but I'll busy that day. Sorry girl," Nate clarified before Peyton pushed his body out of the frame, making Wynter chuckle at the pair's unique relationship.

"Ignore your brother. You were saying again."

"There's just one more person."

"Who is. . ?"

"Kylian," she bit her lip as she awaited Peyton's response to her quite bizarre request.

"Kylian? Winnie, I get the boy's your best friend but why him?" A baffled look appeared on Peyton's face, the in-law now reciprocating the eye roll.

In the french girl's defence, the idea of her and Kylian attending the award ceremony had been partially organised in advance with Kylian a few months back. After France overtook the World Cup, the pair knew that with their youthful age in the football industry, it was highly likely that they would've been nominated for specific awards and because of their strong bond with each other, to them, it just seemed natural to tag along with the other player.