twenty-six.

vulnerability on the line

"Thanks for letting me hang out with you Alex for the last few days, both inside and outside of training. I think I really needed it." Wynter showcased a gentle smile towards her teammate as she watched Alex proceed with his physio session.

"No problem, Winnie. It was clear to me that you needed to let loose after everything that has happened in the past week," Alex replied which was then followed by a little laugh. "By the way, Perrie told me to remind you that she enjoyed yesterday at yours. She said she wants to hang out again soon."

"Tell her the feeling's mutual and you have my number so just give it to her when you can." Wynter got up from where she sat and wondered towards other pieces of sports machinery.

"Hey, Winnie?" he called out from his station.

"Hm?"

"I never really got a chance to say anything since I knew you weren't in the mood to talk about it before, but I'm really sorry about everything that happened to you," Alex told her, a sympathetic look on his face.

Wynter's face fell as she sighed, deeply. "It's okay. Well, I mean it's not okay but not on your accord so don't apologise for anything. It's not your fault, Alex."

"Believe me, I know but I feel like I should though. You have gone through a whole bunch of shit for the past few months. You deserve a break from all of that and just relax for a second," Alex soon approached the player, engulfing her body in a wholesome hug.

She returned the favour before she pulled away. "Do all the boys feel like how you do?"

"Pretty much. Joe's upset because he thinks you are still mad at him for exposing your bruise so he kind of blames himself for you and Trent breaking up. Bobby is kind of down in the dumps 'cause you haven't trained with the team for the past few days and he thinks he's a bad friend to you because he wasn't there for you when you needed it. Mo blames himself for the panic attack that you had during the last match. Trent. . . Well, let's just say he's not at his best at the moment."

"Oh no," Wynter dug her head into her hands, feeling quite responsible for her teammates being in a gloomy state. Even though she had no authorial control over how her teammates felt, the french girl wished that out of all moods, it could've been any but have guilt for certain events that occurred out of their control. She pushed her braids off her forehead so she could catch sight of Alex. "And I caused all of this? How are they in training?"

"Oh, don't worry about training. Thankfully, their emotions aren't affecting their playing but as soon as that's over, they're back to blaming themselves for this and that," Alex explained. "Plus, they kept mentioning they miss you training with them, especially Bobby."

"They do?"

"Of course, Winnie. You have been apart of the team since August and by now everyone has gotten used to you and your upbeat mood in training. So when you're not there, they lack that mood."

"I need to talk to the guys. I don't want to be the reason why they're moping around when they should be concentrated for the Champions League," she stressed, propping her hands on her hips as she thought. "Are the guys training right now?"

Alex shook his head. "No, I'm pretty sure they are inside right now, why?"

Falling out of her thoughts, Wynter sucked in a deep breath. "I think I owe the boys a visit."

"Oh, are you sure you're okay with that?" Alex glanced at his teammate with concern. "Considering everything that has happened?"

"Yeah. What happened, happened," she shrugged. "It's in the past and I'll look past it from now on. The boys can't be going on like this, especially around this stage of the season."