bonus.

she better say yes

The day had finally come along—the day in which Trent knew he wanted to pop the question to his girlfriend. It took a few weeks to make up his mind that he wanted to go forward with such a life-changing decision. He along with his family, friends and Liverpool FC had been organising the day for a month or so. Proposing to your girlfriend in Anfield on the pitch wasn't something that happened every day you know.

When Trent saw Anfield come into his sight, he felt his breath hitch in his throat. Calculating the time in his head, it suddenly came to him that within the next three hours or so, he could legally call Wynter his own. The thought of that delighted the defender but at the same time, it sent shivers down his arms.

The defender wanted this proposal to be memorable. Not only for his girlfriend but for everyone else that surrounded the couple. So he knew that he couldn't plan out all of it on his own and therefore he needed the assistance and advice of his family as well as Wynter's. There had been a day where Wynter's schedule had been fully packed so Trent used that opportunity to bring their families together to discuss how he could go about the proposal.

Much to everyone's surprise, it took longer than expected to figure out how Trent was going to pop the big query. Trent wanted it to be perfect—though not for himself, for Wynter, so he was dedicated to finding the correct way to go about the proposal. It wasn't until the decision was concluded when Peyton suggested that he could propose at home in Anfield. He quickly caught onto the idea and at the training sessions leading up to the day, he'd it organised it along with the LFC staff.

"Hey Trent," He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Wynter's voice from beside him. "You good? You look a bit nervous."

He shook his head. "I'm good, I promise. I just want to play well that's all." He reassuringly grabbed her hand.

"Alright then." She squeezed his hand before she pecked his lips.

"Gross, that's nasty. Nobody wants to see that." Alex said, jokingly from behind the pair's seats.

"Get over it, Ox." Wynter waved him off while Trent laughed.

"Aye Trent," Trent turned around to catch sight of Alex sending him a wink. He simply shook his head before he focused ahead of him.

After the team bus stopped in front of Anfield, the squad got into the stadium with the couple trailing at the back of the group. The walk from the bus to the locker room Trent found himself glued to Wynter's side. He usually didn't act in such a way because the french girl rather not have their relationship displayed for everyone to judge, especially on matchdays when they're supposed to be focused for the game, and Trent respected that.

But for that day, Trent couldn't stop himself. When the time for Wynter to go to her changing room, Trent wouldn't budge one bit. He was thankful that there was no camera around that area 'cause if there were, Wynter wouldn't have given into the kiss he practically begged for.

"Alright, I've got to get going for real now." Wynter rolled her eyes after the scouse pulled her back into his embrace for the fourth time.

"Okay, okay!" Trent chuckled as he finally released the player from his grasps. "Hey, Winnie?" Trent called out, causing the girl to turn around once again. The scouse grinned sheepishly. "I love you."

Despite her eye roll, the french girl still managed to break out with a smile at her partner's witty behaviour. "I love you, T." She uttered before she turned on her heel to her dressing room.

. . .

The match had gone smoothly for the Reds against Arsenal with the scoreboard being 4-0. Within the first ten minutes, Sadio managed to put the ball into the opposing team's net, putting Liverpool in the lead and the only goal scored during the first half.