three.

she's the man

12/08/18

It had been a few weeks since the season-named girl arrived at Melwood and to her own surprise, she'd fit in pretty well.

As she played as a forward, in training she would mainly be around Mo, Bobby, Xherdan and Sadio. The five of them had no problem working together so Wynter enjoyed their company and was sure that she could classify them as close friends. She found it interesting as to how amazing they were at football and yet they were extremely humble and quiet players. Normally, you'd expect players to have such self-centred personalities but they were quite the opposite.

Well, except for Bobby. Wynter thought that though he didn't wield an egocentric personality, he definitely was an out-going person, which she highly liked about the man since she was a timid person herself from time to time. So she needed someone to bring out her chilled-back side. The Brazilian also had a great way with his words when it came to jokes and so Wynter never found herself in a glum state when she was around the footballer.

Then there was Joe. When Wynter first met the Englishman, she thought that he was a complete ladies man, but it turned out to just be apart of his personality. After the first few training sessions, the two pair hung out pretty much all the time whether it was inside or outside of training, at some point of the day they were communicating with each other.

And finally, there were Jordan and Virgil. They were the two who aided the girl when it came to settling down in the Liverpool squad. With them, Wynter knew she could have any kind of conversation with them—chilled back ones, deep ones and even ones about football. They took on a sudden guardian role of being there for her if she needed them and Wynter couldn't have been any more grateful for such teammates and friends.

As for the other players, Wynter felt as though they'd all welcomed her as a player, as a pro-footballer rather than the girl on the team. It's not that she wanted to be treated like a boy but she just wanted to receive a simple amount of respect from everyone, which she felt is what she was getting from everyone. Well, not everyone.

Wynter bounced around her bedroom as she gathered up all her necessary belongings. With the pre-season finally over the 18/19 season had begun and so today was Liverpool's first match of the Premier League. Their first opponents were West Ham at Anfield. Wynter didn't want to get so ahead of herself but the fact that the club wasn't exactly known by the french made her feel a little less pressure for the game and that they got this game in the bag.

She heard her phone vibrate from her nightstand. Wynter walked over to the small table and picked up her phone to see that she'd received a message from Joe.

joe
yo winnie, i'm out front

wynter
alright, just give me a few minutes and i'll be out of my house

okay but hurry up i don't like waiting!!

Wynter laughed to herself as checked over her bedroom one more time before she exited the room and went down the stairs with her bag securely strapped onto her shoulders. She jogged into the kitchen and grabbed a banana along with a protein bar as the young athlete had no time for breakfast. When she checked over everything in her house and everything seemed to be in their correct places, she exited the house and locked it before walking towards Joe's luxurious car.

"Hey," she greeted as she into his car.

"Hey Winnie," Joe smiled, starting back up the car. "So are you excited to be playing your first official Liverpool game?"