Part 22 ✓

"Excuse me, Sarah. I gotta head to the bathroom." I said, standing up from me seat to obviously go and see what the hell Aaron was doing and who he was with.

I strolled over to him as he continued talking to the girl that was clinging onto him, not realising that I was watching his every move. By the time he saw me, it was too late. He pushed the girl off him and stared at me wide eyed. He obviously didn't expect me to be here.

I glared at the girl who looked at me with disgust. "Who do you think you are? Why were you touching my boyfriend?" I started, raising an eyebrow at her. She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Your boyfriend? Is that why he called me instead of you?"

What?

Seeing my reaction, she burst out laughing, winking at Aaron and making a "call me" sign with her hands before walking away and texting on her phone.

I couldn't believe it. The only thing I could think of was that I never should've trusted Aaron in the first place. What he told me was all a lie. At that moment, the only thing that I felt was rage.

"So, I guess you're one of those type of boys, aren't you? Playboys, they call it." I said, looking up at him, trying to figure out if he had an explanation or anything as to what I had just seen.

One moment he was telling me he liked me and another moment he was with some barbie who clung to his arm as if they were soulmates.

"I-I can explain. Just please, listen to me. I'll explain everything tomorrow. It's late, so I'll meet you tomorrow. Tomorrow morning. You won't be happy, but i think you deserve an explanation." He replied, looking down to the floor with guilt written on his face.

He couldn't even explain himself now?

I sighed, shaking my head and returning to Sarah, motioning to her for us to leave there and then. Seeing my reaction, she asked for take-away containers and we left soon after, back to my house so we could eat and I could explain what happened to her.

*

The following day, I received multiple messages from Aaron, telling me to meet him at a nearby park for the explanation. I was reluctant, but I knew that this would probably be my only chance to find out the whole story about yesterday.

So I and here I was, getting ready. I put on a thin layer of makeup and a hoodie with a pair of skinny jeans. Grabbing my wallet and my phone, I headed out of the house, wondering what Aaron would say to me.

Upon reaching the park, I noticed that Aaron was sitting alone on the swing, on his phone. I went up to him and sat down on the swing next to him.

He stopped using his phone and switched it off, giving me a tight smile which I did not return.

After that, none of us really wanted to say anything. I stayed quiet, he stayed quiet, the entire park was oddly quiet too, except for the rustling of the leaves in the wind.

"So..." I started, swinging back and forth slowly on the swing. "If you're not here to explain yourself, I'm leaving." I said, getting straight to the point.

He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "She's no one in particular." He muttered and I turned to him, furious.

"No one? Well she didn't look like a 'no one' to me. In fact, looked as if she was so important to the point that you called her first, and allowed her to touch you!" I exclaimed and he rolled his eyes. "So what? It's none of your business anyways, it's not like we're dating anyways, I don't know why you told her I was your boyfriend."

It took me a few seconds to process what he said. What? I had assumed that we were dating after he told me he liked me, but I never expected him to say this.

He seemed to have read my mind because just before I could speak, he interrupted me. "Well, I mean I never did like you in the first place. It was all a lie, Eunji. That day where I so called admitted to you that I liked you. It was a dare from my other friends. You don't know them. And we were never dating." He explained, shrugging before whipping out his phone which he kept in his pocket and using it, as if he was bored.

My mouth hung open in shock. A dare? What? How could he say that? Was everything a lie? Including our friendship?

"You know Aaron, when I first met you I thought you were handsome and nice. You were popular, and most popular people weren't nice. But for once, I thought that you, a popular person, would be nice to me. But you know what? I was wrong. I'm always wrong. You lied to me and broke my heart. No, I didn't have feelings for you, but one thing for sure was that I cherished our friendship. But I guess you just have better friends. So I'm sorry. For whatever shit I've done to you, and for assuming that we were dating after you told me you "liked me". One day I hope that when you actually regret doing all of this-" I pointed at him and then myself, "-you will realise how much a dare can do to someone." I finished.

I didn't even realise I was crying. Wiping away whatever tears I had on my face, I forced a smile on my face. "Bye Aaron. You can still be friends with my brothers and come over, but don't you ever DARE to speak to me ever again." I spat, before standing up and walking away, as tears continuously streamed down my face.