Part 21 ✓

Eunji's POV

Walking next to Sarah on the way home from school, she suddenly spoke up.

"I forgot! From what I've heard, bts are throwing a party the day after exams?"

Party? She must be talking about the one in a few days. Bts were talking about it the other day, saying how our parents were going out and that they wanted to throw a party to celebrate the end of exams.

"Yeah, our parents are heading to Cambodia for a while. 2 weeks actually. They said they needed a break. Besides, all they've done after their honeymoon was just work. They deserve it." I replied and Sarah sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Nothing. It's just...I don't have a date."

We're supposed to have dates? What is this? Prom? Prom is a few weeks after, why do we need dates? Besides, I don't have a date too. From what I can imagine, Aaron probably already has a date...but why did I feel as if I wanted him to ask me? You know, to be his date? We'd been dating for a few weeks now, but he's never really done anything special ever since he confessed to me.

I sighed as well, but soon brightened up at the thought of me and Sarah, single ladies, going to the party and prom together. If she doesn't have a date to the party, she shouldn't have a date to prom right?

"I actually don't have a date too. Do you want to go with me? We can have all the fun we want. Single ladies!" I exclaimed and her eyes lit up as she nodded vigorously.

"Let's go then! To the mall! To buy dresses, where we single ladies will look the best!"

**

Oh how I regret following Sarah to the mall. You may think that we would've already bought a dress after 2 hours, but boy was I wrong. Sarah is a maniac.

Dragging me from shop to shop, making me try on every single dress in each store. Just before I was could tell her that I was tired, she gasped really loudly, dragging me into another shop.

This shop was different from other shops though. This shop was located at the far end of the shopping mall, and it was designed in a way not to stand out from all the other shops.

However, the inside was totally different from what one would expect from outside. It was massive, to say, and there were a ton of changing rooms and a wide variety of dresses and clothes.

"This shop...the inside is not what I had expected at all..." I mumbled, Sarah letting go of me to look around the shop for dresses that she think would've suited me.

"Yeah, this shop was badly designed on the outside, but we recently renovated the inside, in hopes to get more customers. This shop is really far from other shops, which are located upstairs, so not many people come here."

I spun around to face a middle-age woman in a black dress. Her hair was bunned up neatly, and her makeup looked as if it was done by a professional. She looked stunning, especially for her age.

"My name is Cherrie. What are you looking for today?" She smiled at me.

I explained to her that I was looking for a dress for an upcoming party, saying that the dress needed to be nice, but not too nice.

She looked me up and down, before she nodding to herself. "I think I have the perfect dress for you!" She exclaimed, before dashing off towards the section of dresses and coming back shortly after with a small, pink dress in her hand.

 "I think I have the perfect dress for you!" She exclaimed, before dashing off towards the section of dresses and coming back shortly after with a small, pink dress in her hand

It was beautiful.

"I've been waiting for the right person for this dress. You seem to have the perfect body for this. Small hips, slim arms, you definitely can pull this off!" She said, handing me the dress.

Sarah came over, stopping in her tracks as soon as she saw the dress in my hands. Her mouth slowly opened into a "o" before she started jumping around.

"That's it! Eunji, she's right! Try it! Try it!" She exclaimed excitedly, pushing me towards a changing room.

I quickly changed out of it and slipped on the dress. It fit perfectly. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked...nice. Pretty.

Opening the curtains to the changing room, Cherrie and Sarah, who was bubbling with excitement, stared at me in awe.

"Yes girl! That's the one you need! Alright! Ch-No. Cherrie? Yes that's your name. We're taking it! But after I find myself a dress too." Sarah tapped her chin, slowly walking out of the changing room.

"For you, I think I have the perfect dress that suits your body shape too!" Cherrie exclaimed once again, running back towards the dresses.

**

"I'm tired."

Sarah laughed. "Thanks for shopping with me. We found the perfect dresses! We're definitely going to stand out in the entire party." She boasted, flipping her hair.

It was currently 7pm already and I was hungry and tired.

"Buy me food." I demanded, pointing a finger at Sarah as she unwillingly nodded. I smiled happily, dragging her towards a small Korean shop. Free food day!

"What would you like to order?" The waiter asked. He was probably our age. He had dark hair, and was tall. He's pretty hot too, to be honest.

But he was obviously checking Sarah out. He looked her up and down and she looked through the menu, completely oblivious to the fact that I was watching him watch her.

I then looked into the distance, to see someone familiar. Who is that? He looked strangely familiar, but with his back facing me, I couldn't really tell who it was.

Then, he turned around, walking the other direction. And I saw his face. Is that...Aaron? What is he doing here? Where did he go that day? And...why is there a girl clinging onto his arm?