Chapter 14: Saved at Last... For Now

When she felt like her efforts were no good, she turned her back to the glass and slide down it slowly until she sat on the floor. She lost all hope in returning home ever again unless she could somehow talk Loki into letting her leave. When she sat there with her knees to her chest and arms folded over top, she buried her face in her arms and tried to calm down. At the moment she hid away her face in her arms, there was a loud rumble coming from outside the windows and a bright blinding light shown through as well. Her head popped up in shock as she turned around to see where this disturbance came from, and what caused it. When she turned around, outside of the house, standing in the snow was Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man. The sorrowful look on her face was washed away when she saw them, and in its place was a look of shock and disbelief. She stood up immediately and hit her hands against the window as she called for them.

"Hey! HEY! I'M IN HERE! I'M IN HERE!" She yelled through the glass, and Thor was the first to respond. When he ran over first, the others followed soon after and stopped in their tracks when they saw the building. "What now? There's no door." Steve says as he observed the frozen brick structure. Thor took one look at the windows and the green light of magic that surrounded the place. "Stand back," he warned in his deep voice. The other two stood back, and (y/n) did the same. What ever Thor had in mind, she knew it would involve a loud clap of thunder and something getting destroyed. She focused a small amount of gravity around her; in case something came dangerously close in her direction, the gravity force would shoot it in another direction. With a strong swing from Mjolnir, Thor hit the structure with incredible force from his hammer, and even used lightening to help. However, the structure remained perfectly intact. When nothing happened, after Thor was thrown backwards, Tony gave it a shot. 

"Stay back there sweetheart. We'll take this thing down one way or another." He tells her. She nods and watches Tony's shot at the windows. 

"Jarvis, put everything we've got into the repulser beams," he orders. "Already done sir." The AI already had the change made and without warning, Tony hits the wall with everything he has. Still, nothing happens. He tries again, with more force. Thor even summoned lightening at the same time and hit the windows, but nothing changed.

Tony was becoming very annoyed now with all thing, especially with the power in his suit starting to drain. "What the hell kind of magic does Reindeer Games use exactly?" By now (y/n)'s faith started to crumble as she felt more trapped than before. She was just about ready to panic when she remembered something. "Pressure... that's it!" When the guys took a break from trying to break down the windows, (y/n) gestured to them to move out of the way. "Move out of the way! I have an idea!" She yells to them frantically. They all look at one another oddly before backing away from the glass. Once they were far enough, (y/n) focused her powers on the glass, or rather, the magic around the glass. As she focused, she remembered the training she has with Loki and how she broke through his magic cuffs once before by using the pressure she created from the force of gravity she summoned. 

         Loki leand down and grabbed her by the wrists and pull her up to meet him, "The binding spell on your hands. You broke it! How?!" He barked. She raised her brow then realized he was right. How did she break it? She looked down at her hands and saw they no longer glowed. "I... I don't know..." She answered as she continued to look at her hands. He growled and released her, throwing her back to the bed. "Hey-!" She yelled, as she hit the mattress.

        The more she focused on this memory from so many months ago, the stronger her power grew until she was able to crush the spell around the house, and shatter the windows. With a loud cling the glass shattered into thousands of pieces and came down over the few feet around the window frames like snow. Tony and Steve were impressed, as was Thor, but it didn't take long after for those men to realize that the girl they came out to save, was now on the floor passed out. "(Y/n)!" Steve yells as he runs in first. The other two Avengers followed after and Steve and he picked her up. 

"She's alive, just unconscious." He tells them.

"She must have used too much of her energy," Thor adds. Tony nodded silently in agreement, then spoke up after. "Let's get her back to the tower and have her checked over-" Tony stopped when he looked around the place she was staying in. "What is it?" Steve asked him curiously. Tony looked at all the furniture, and at the places where he once, for a moment, saw her things. With the exception of the furniture, it was all gone. "Was it all an illusion?" He asked, and Steve was now more curious. "What are you talking about?"

"She had a lot of her things in here up until she broke the spell Loki had on this place. Was none of that real? Was that part of this spell too?" Steve then realized what Tony was talking about and looked around in surprise. Thor noticed and sighed, "He is a master of magic. Pulling a trick off as realistic as this would be no trouble for him." When he said this, he looked over at (y/n) and then out at the snow covered land outside the destroyed window. "We should bring her back now. Heimdall is waiting for us." The two men nodded and followed Thor back outside to the snow.

"Heimdall, when you're ready."