Chapter 10: Awkward Silence

Loki laid there on the bathroom floor with a hand over his black eye. He held his sore eye with on hand while he tried to get up off the floor. Groaning as he did. He eventually stood up and looked into the mirror to his side. Turns out a black eye doesnt match a deep red blush very well. He tried to focus on his eye, but every time he did it only reminded him of how he got it. Making him more embarrassed. "Damn it to hell..." He sighs.

In her room, (y/n)'s heart was racing and the red color of her face matched the fake red roses she had in a vase on her desk. She gripped the towel tightly and ran to her bed. Burying her face in her pillow as she screamed. When she was finished, she flopped to the side for a moment before finally getting up and going to get her clothes. Feeling uncomfortable now, she put on a hoodie and baggy sweat pants. When she was finished she decided to call it a late night and sleep.

Loki on the other hand was still in the bathroom, trying to calm down so his blushing would stop. After standing there for ten minutes-- his face still red but thankfully not as heavy a red as before; a light rose color-- he finally walked out of the bathroom, to his room. He changed into a pair off baggy pajama pants and flopped on his bed shirtless. Staring up at the ceiling, he picked up his hand that was holding her breasts the entire time and looked at in. Blushing again as he thought, "What the hell have I done?"

The next morning, both the mischievous god and (y/n) slept in. Neither of them really cared that it was now ten in the morning. However, the two eventually got up in their rooms. They both woke up at eight thirty, and couldn't fall back to sleep, so they decided to lay there until ten, thinking about whether or not they should apologize to the other, or if the other should apologize to them first. After coming to a conclusion they both got up. Loki took a shower in the bathroom he had in his room (the new one he made appear, so not to share a bathroom and have another awkward experience). While down the hall, (y/n) took her clothes for the day and went to the bathroom to shower. They finished and got dressed, then walked out of the rooms.

When they met in the hallway they greeted each other the same way. Silence. The two looked at one another for a brief moment before Loki looked to the side and she glanced away as well. Both of them with a pink tint across their face.

"Ah... I ah..." He rubbed the back of his neck, looking away awkwardly as he tried to kill the silence. "Um... I... I should go... get breakfast... ready..." She says, as she pointed in the direction of the kitchen. He swallowed, "Yes... yes of course..." he answered as he tried to look up at her. She nodded softly before turning on her heal to head to the kitchen. He stood there a while longer and sighed. "I loath this day already..." he breathed out.

In the kitchen (y/n) made eggs, toast, some fruits smoothies and hash browns. Cooking helped distract her when she was bothered. However sometimes her distractions would distract her and she would cook too much. Loki reluctantly made his way to the kitchen and saw her cooking from the side. He made a quick glance before turning away and sitting down at the table.

The room was dead silent, and if awkward was a thing that could be touched, the two of them could cut it out of the air with a knife. When breakfast was ready she placed everything on the table. Neither of them said a word or even looked at each other. They simply kept their heads down when they ate. After breakfast they remained silent, clearing their plates and heading out of the kitchen in their separate directions, trying very hard to avoid any more awkward moments and conversations.

This very awkward and quiet day dragged on. Lunch was once again silent, as well as any encounters in the hallway, kitchen, living room and library. If the two had so much as bumped into one another they stayed quiet and quickly moved out of the way. Not even looking one another in the eye.