Chapter 19: A Solution

After her encounter with Loki the other night, (y/n) decided to go talk to the others about possibly saving the city and Loki so there would be less conflict. She headed down the hall of the Avengers tower to their meeting room. If she was lucky she could catch them there, but if not she would have to see them each individually. She opened the door to the room, And stepped in to see Clint and Natasha talking to one another about a seperate mission they would have to work in the future. Nat quickly looked over to her and sat up a bit more in her chair, "Hey, everything ok?" She asked and  (y/n) nodded. "I'm fine-" "You have something on your mind," Nat answered quickly. "And you should be a mind reader," (y/n) replied.
Clint tapped his hand on an empty chair a few times to encourage her to sit down. "Come on. Talk to us," he said and she walked over to sit down. Once she was comfortably sitting down with her legs crossed and her hands on the arm chairs she looked over to the two Avengers and very frankly stated, "I think there's a way for us to keep the city safe and save Loki at the same time." An awkward silence filled the room until Clint burst into laugher.
"That is funniest thing I've heard. Save Loki? Save. Loki?" He repeated and then laughed again. Nat still didn't answer so (y/n) spoke up again, "I'm serious. The whole reason we're in this predicament is because of a line of targeting. Aliens are targeting Loki for is life, and Loki promises mine for freedom. If we can get him away from them and then take down those. . . Whatever they are somewhere that's not the city, it's a win win. He won't keep coming after me if his life isn't threatened anymore." When she finished, Clint burst into laugher for a third time and looked like he almost collapsed onto the desk. "I'm serious!" She yelled and while he laughed Nat looked over at her asking, "Why would you want to help Loki?" (Y/n) sat up in her chair as she looked to Nat rather than Clint, "I dont. But I bet eliminating his threat will get him to stop threatening me." Nat cocked her head to the side for a moment with a raised brow, "First of all, I think you do want to help him. Secondly, I don't trust he'll stop coming for you even if we do save him. You have a very unique ability to control something that no one else can bent to their will. Who's to say he won't brainwash you like he did to Clint six years ago and then use you to rule New York?"
Nat and Clint both looked at her a bit more seriously as she dipped her head down in thought. "Actually," She started, "I don't think he would be able to touch me with the magic he would need to do that." Both spies looked at her more curiously then.
"Back when I was stuck living with him for those few long months he tried to suppress my abilities then. I don't know how I did it, but I managed to bent gravity in a way that broke the bond, shattered it even. I don't think he can control me, and I bet he knows it too."
"You think he fears you?" Clint asked, finally taking this seriously.
"No, not fear. I think he knows I'm too much for him to handle. How do you use magic on someone who controls gravity? All I have to do is hold my hand up and a force we can't see throws him back far from where I am. If he has to fight close range to land his attacks, how could he do that when I can fight close and long range?"
When she explained all this the two spies were quiet as they thought about this. "Do you really think this could work? I can't even believe I'm asking this,"Clint said and (y/n) nodded, "I'm sure of it." He sighed in defeat, and decided it would be a good idea to go over all of this with the rest of the team.

Later that day Steve and Thor met with (y/n) and the two spies to discuss (y/n)'s plan that she had brought up with Clint and Natasha. Their discussion led on for a while but eventually came to a conclusion.
"If we go about this, then we have to use you as bait somewhere far from the city to lure them and Loki out," Steve said. (Y/n) nodded, "Can't we go somewhere that isn't populated by people? Like a dessert or woodlands in the mid west?" She asked and Clint crossed his arms, "that wouldn't be so bad. . . Or Russia," he said. "Yea, I have no interest in freezing," (y/n) answered. He shrugged, "I don't like hot weather." She rolled her eyes.
"That's not the point of this," Steve said to get the two back on track. Everyone was quiet for a moment before (y/n) looked over at Thor. "What do you think about all this?" She asked and he looked back to her before glancing around at the others. "While I prefer it if we didn't have to get him out of the mess he made," he said, "I know it's the only way to keep you safe. We should go through with this in your most deserted region to protect other civilians," he concluded. The others agreed despite the lack of interest to save Loki as well, but they went along with it.

"What happens to Loki after?" (Y/n) asked, and they all looked back to her. "We throw him in another cell," Clint stated, "Or hand him over to Thor to throw him in another cell. . . Assuming he doesn't let him out this time." She looked back to Clint and tried to work the nerve up to protest, "What if we let him go? Just cut him loose and not allow him back to earth?" She asked and Nat stepped in, "You want to release him, after kidnapping you?" She asked and (y/n) answered with, "Well if we're both being used doesn't that make him a victim too? Not to mention he didn't do anything to me when he took me away. He only trained me."
"He isn't being used by the Chitauri he's a prisoner with a death sentence by them. You are the only victim here," Thor added but she wasn't ready to back down, "But if rid the universe of them and he doesn't have to answer to them then he doesn't have to-"
"You're actually feeling pitty towards the guy who kidnapped you, messed with your head, and threatened your life to save his?" Clint interrupted, And she stopped to think about what he just said. Was she really feeling pitty for him? She went silent and sat back in her chair, "I don't know what I'm feeling anymore. . . ," she answered and thought over everything again about her encounter with him the night before and the time spent back in Jotunheim. There was so much to consider, and then she remembered what his last comment was to her the other night. "And what if I come back, even just to find you?"
"Then I guess you'll be chasing me for a long time before we meet again."
She stayed quiet, lost in her thoughts as she couldn't hear the others. She then quietly mumbled, "Why did he. . . ?"