Chapter 20: An Understanding

In the time that had passed since their last encounter, (y/n) had been spending more and more time thinking about what Loki had said to her before he left. It made her wonder what would happen to her, or even between them once he was freed of his threat. She also wondered why she gave him the answer she did. "Why would entertain the idea of his that he would be chasing me still even after all of this?" She mumbled to herself. She was laying on her bed again, looking up at the ceiling as she was the night that Loki had appeared to her when she first offered the deal to him. Her head sunk back into the pillow covered by a smooth silk fabric while her bare arms rested over her abdomen. The ceiling fan above her was slowly turning as its trek was coming to an end. She was mesmerized for the moment by the movement of the fan as she was lost in her thoughts, wondering how she got to be there after everything that had happened between her and Loki in the time that she had been taken away from earth, and then taken away from him when she was rescued. Another part of her wondered why he was so aggressive when he found her at the club, but then she realized, that had happened before she understood the predicament that he was in, seeing as he had calmed down since they met after that night. She sighed quietly, and remembered the few months that she had spent in Jotunheim in the magic made apartment. "I suppose the time wasn't too terrible," she said, and reflected on the short time that they did bond together. Even the awkward time of him nearly seeing her naked after the accident in the bathroom, despite her light blush at the memory, she still couldn't help but laugh to herself. It seemed funny to her that the moment had happened to them, as if it were a cheesy manga story delivering fan service. It made her laugh a little more, until she calmed down again and sunk back into her thoughts. "Should I bother addressing it with him though?"

It didn't take too long after for the comfort of her bed to lull her to sleep. However, she was rudely interrupted when her cat, Skittles, returned from his position on the couch in her room, and landed on her stomach when he jumped up onto the bed. "Awh!" She groaned, and bent up only to flop back into the bed once Skittles positioned himself comfortably on her stomach. She tilted her head up slightly as another groan came out when she saw how comfortable the cat was on top of her. "Seriously?" She asked. "I should issue a weight limit for access to napping on my stomach with you," she said. "Not a refusal for being on top?" The cat answered and she was not only shocked but very confused. In a moment her cat changed to Loki, and he was above her, leaning down looking at her as his hands were beside her head on the bed. She laid back staring back up at him as he looked down at her with a calm and emotionless expression on his face. "So you've thought of it as well?" He asked as he must have been listening to her thoughts while he was pretending to be her cat. Her heart was racing as she found it hard to answer him and he sighed as he noticed she was so surprised. "Perhaps this was indeed a mistake," he said and started to lean up until, "No, wait!" She said and he stopped where he was, looking at her curiously. "What you just said. . . You're thinking what I was thinking. . . So there is some truth to it then. . . You care?" She asked, surprised she'd find herself in this scenario with him. He didn't answer and looked away from her back to the window. She sat up on her hands which pushed her closer to his face. He looked back bit was surprised to meet her gaze. "Admit it. You care about me," She said calmly. She wasn't nervous, which even surprised her as she confronted him on this of all topics. "That's why you said you would try to find me even after all this."
"And despite that you don't seem to be too bothered by that thought, do you?" He answered.
"Would you prefer it if I was?"
He hesitated to answer as he glanced to her lips and she to his. "Never."

In a moment he pushed his lips to hers, and the two fell back on the bed in a heated and passionate kiss. Her hands were locked in his hair and his hands were holding the back of her head. The kiss didn't last long before a moment passed where she realized what was happening, and she pulled back. He didn't want it to stop, but once he noticed she moved her head to the side of his he relaxed his grip, and finally pulled back to look at her. The two were silent and focused on each other's eyes until she lightly blushed and looked away. He gently held her chin and had her look back at him. "Why do you care?" He asked.
"Why do you?" She replied and the two were back to being silent. The silence between them was broken when there was a knock at her door.
"Hey, (y/n)?" It was Steve, and she sighed in relief knowing that he wouldn't come in unless invited. "If you're interested, we're taking a break from business to watch a movie-"
"I decided it would be best if we all took some time to relax and enjoy ourselves rather than worry so much about this whole. . . situation. It's a comedy, what do you say?" It was Tony, but at least with Steve there she knew he wouldn't enter. "Ah, sure," she said, "I'll be out in a minute once I save this chapter," she said sighed quietly as she heard them walk off. "Alright! We'll be waiting!" Tony said.
After she sighed she looked back at Loki who was looking out again at the window. "What?" She asked.
"So I suppose you'll be heading out in a moment?"
"To prevent any suspicion? Yes," she answered and he sat up.
"Maybe if you had come here later tonight we wouldn't have been interrupted."
"Technically you were the one who interrupted us."
"Oh, there's an 'us' now?" She asked with a smirk and he rolled his eyes at where her thoughts were going. "You never answered my question. After every thing that's happened, why do you care?" He asked again and when she looked back at him she finally answered, "Because I think we're similar in some ways. We're misunderstood, for one."
"Is that so?" He wondered as his gaze shifted to the bed where they laid for a moment.
"Then I wonder if our intentions would be the same, if that moment had continued," he said.
She crossed her arms, and casually answered, "well I guess since I interrupted it, it's safe to say it wasn't. This time," she thought at the end, and he smirked back to her. "This time?" She raised a brow then realized he went back into her mind and she scoffed as she looked away. "Mind your own business." His smirk didn't alter, even as it revealed a slight snicker. "You are my business," he told her and moved closer to her as she gradually looked back up at him. "Perhaps there is something more to you than just your ability. If you didn't live among them, maybe I would have the chance to learn more about that part of you."
"Maybe. . . But it's as I've said before. . ."
He raised a brow, "And that is?"
"You'll be chasing me for a long time."