Chapter 21: Uneasiness

She sat on the black leather sectional with the other Avengers in the excessively large living space. She sat beside Steve on the couch, since he had saved her a seat. The entire room clearly cost more than she could ever hope to afford. Leather couches, glass coffee tables, a bar with a very modern touch to it, even the back splash behind the bar counter where the liquor was held had a very modern touch to it. Though some of its features reminded her of the designs of the furniture in Sims. The others talked among one another in the room about anything from Clint's family life, Tony's business ideas and latest designs, the others talked about battle stories that had happened to them over the years. But (y/n) just sat there quietly waiting for this comedy to start that Tony had put together. They were all waiting on the food to get there to eat while the movie played, but she didn't even think about that much. (Y/n) was lost in thought about her experience with Loki in her room just moments ago.
They kissed. . . she kissed him. . . he kissed her. It didn't matter who initiated it, they both kissed the other. How in the hell did that even happen? She went from fighting him, hating him, even fearing him for a little while, but then they kiss. How does that happen in a year after all this? The thought of it made her ever so slightly blush, to think that she didn't even pull away until they were awkwardly interrupted. And why did she say he would remain chasing her for a long while? Did she really want him to chase her, and try to win her over? Why would she even entertain that thought for him a second time?

"(Y/N)!" Tony yelled and she jumped when she realized he was yelling her name. She quickly turned around in surprise and looked over at him standing by the couch near her, Steve, and then Thor sat on the other side of her. "What?" She asked him. "Are you alright? You're zoning out."
"I'm fine, I was just thinking about the last chapter I wrote. . . I'm not sure what to do with the ending of the book since it's only a few chapters away. Some suggest a squeal but I don't know if I want to do that."
Tony just watched her, as did Steve. However, unlike Steve, Tony wasn't fully believing what she was saying. "Ah huuuuh. . . ." He said, and she looked back at him with a raised brow. She didn't understand why he gave her that answer, and even looked at her that way. Trying to ignore it, she focused back on the movie and occasionally looked down at her phone for updates on different social media apps she had. When she continued her scrolling her screen was covered by a large male's hand which turned out to be Steve's. "Ah come on. Just relax for once. Have a few snacks, some soda or Tony's drinks. Enjoy yourself," he told her, though his words would fall on deaf ears. "I will soon enough. But until then, there are still a few things that I need to catch up on," she told him. "It's been too long since I've checked in on the rest of the world and any comments made about my last update from my online books and short stories." Steve looked at her with an almost begging expression, "(Y/n), you've been cooped up in your room forever doing that same thing. Why not take a short break from it all, if nothing else?" This time she sighed and hit her lock screen button on her phone. "Fine, you win. But only for one movie."

"No no," Tony pipped in, "It's a series. There's three of them. You have to stay and relax for all three. Leader's orders."

"Who killed Steve and made you the leader?" Nat asked him with a smirk. "No one killed Steve. But I am the one with the movies, and the drinks, and the food and the-"

"Tony, we get it. You're the show off so you get to say when we all leave," Clint butted in, which followed by laughter from the others and an eye-roll from Tony. "Just shut up and hit play," He replied and not a moment after she spend the next several hours watching this series of comedies with the others. Despite the movies and the food and people around her, she still felt a little uneasy, having that pit in her stomach that something wasn't quite right. She tried to ignore it, as she figured it was probably related to what happened in her room before their interruption, but it still didn't feel right.