Chapter 25: The Rescue

The team landed on the cold grounds of an open field where a forest surrounded the area further out. The team left the jet and Steve looked to Loki first, "Ok," He started, "Next step?" Loki looked at him then up at the air, "Wait a moment," he said and a few of them looked up to where he was watching. "For what exactly?" Clint asked. "You'll see."
After a few minutes, from the sky a vortex began to form and made its way down to the ground with the others. It landed a few yards ahead of them and Loki's gaze moved down to focus on what would be left from the phenomenon once it ended. Standing before them were a cluster of Chitauri, and a larger one in the back. Their leader stood in the front looking directly at Loki.

"Loki. . ." He began, "And to think, we should had to be forced to find you ourselves." Loki wouldn't answer him. "I suppose you decided to save us the trouble of hunting you down. That, or they decided to trade you for the girl."

Loki finally spoke up, "There's no trade. You'd only keep both of us if that were allowed."

"Seems as though you knew this already. However, there were modifications made to how we planned to execute you," the Chitauri leader spoke, but Loki kept a straight face. "I find it would be more interesting to see what would happen, if you should be forced to kill your own student. . . Or if she killed you first," He said and a path was made between the cluster of aliens to open an area for (y/n). Loki watched her and tried to be calm, but he could see that her eyes were blue like the tesseract, and she was wearing a sort of alien armor to protect her. He was furious by this, but tried to contain it the best he could.
"Let her go!" Steve yells, "You're starting a fight you can't win."
"On the contrary, we control the person who controls gravity. . . There's a very concerning element to this fight, or did you forget that already?"
From her position, (y/n) raised her right hand, using only a small portion of her energy to raise the Avengers from the ground.
"Send them off. I'd much rather watch you two fight," the leader said, and as she was ready to send them off to space, Clint shot and arrow to the ground at her feet that sent off a wave of electricity to her whole body. She was shaking as she screeched and dropped them as a unit. From there, Steve hollered out, "Avengers, attack!" However, Loki was already on the move running past the alien swarm to get to (y/n). He would not tolerate allowing her to be used by anyone. The Avengers were left to fight the Chitauri while Loki came up to  (y/n), face to face.
"(Y/n)!" He called out but she didn't respond, only looked at him from where she stood. "Focus. . . Focus on what's happening, what you're being forced to-"
He was thrown a few yards to the side, when all she did was shift her gaze, not even needing to raise a finger. Loki tumbled through the dirt before he was able to stand again, amazed by how a simple gaze would be all she needed to change a field of gravity. He stood back up and felt his jaw after landing uncomfortably and looked back at her. "Right," he mumbled, "mind control. Alright then, I guess we'll be playing games," he said and vanished to begin his fight.
Loki started with a barrage of clones for confusion to disorient her. From there he had them charge at her while he hide among them waiting for the right moment. She sent those clones flying back as well which unfortunately also knocked him back again. He got back up and quickly vanished and reappeared in front of her while she was still recharging for a moment. She looked up at him, but he had already grabbed hold of her arm with a glare in his eyes that matched hers. "Let's try this again," he said and quickly vanished with her from the fight to a room filled with mirrors made by one of his illusions.
"Where the he'll did they go?!" Tony asked as he had a view from the sky and saw they disappeared. Steve looked over, and tried not to let it distract him since he was in another fight already.

In another plain, surrounded by vines and mirrors, (y/n) was standing alone looking around for Loki to fight. She only saw herself repeatedly in the mirrors. Everything was quiet, in an almost eerie way. She continued looking around and jumped when the sound of ravens cawing and flying away.
"Hello, love."
She jumped, again, and turned around to see he was upon one of the mirrors. She cracked the mirror with her power but he only showed up behind her in another mirror.
"Feisty. Or perhaps, angry?"
She broke the next mirror, but soon noticed the mirrors fixed themselves once he moved to another.
"No, fear is it?" He asked and she yelled out as she broke the third mirror.
"Fear then? Why? Why fear me? What have done to deserve that?" Each time he spoke from one mirror she broke he'd move to the next. He wouldn't stop moving, and it began to worry her but she had to surpass it because she was told to kill him. She wasn't allowed to be intimidated.
"You're being used. Again. I thought you hated that?"
"Shut up!" She yelled and shattered all of the glass walls. He stood behind her, wearing a black suit with his hair down.
"You're not like this. Not normally. You don't like this and you know it," he said and she finally turned around to face him. She threw both of her heads up at him to force him backward but he quickly grabbed them, and used the old magic cuffs as before around her wrists to prevent her from using her powers. She seemed shocked, but when he gripped her wrists and pulled her into him with her arms pinned between their chests, she became more concerned even under the control.
"Why are you afraid of me now? What did they do to you?" He asked, but she wouldn't answer. He looked at her for a moment, eyeing her, "this isn't you. . . Where's the girl I cared for?"
". . .Cared. . .?"she asked, the tone of her voice sounding disappointed that the word he used was pass tense.
Without another word as he looked at her, he pulled her closer with a hand on her back, and kissed her deeply. He held the kiss long enough in the hopes it would jog her memory. He showed her flash backs of the time they spent together, the first few months, then after, and especially, the one night during their secret meetings. Their first, long, deep kiss. When the memories began to slow he pulled back gently and tried to look back at her again. "What do you remember?" She looked back at him gently as the blue in her eyes began to pull back before she softly spoke to him, "you." Then she pulled him back and kissed him again just the same.