Chapter 13: Some Space

After the yelling match between Loki and (y/n), she laid on the soft comforter that covered her bed in her room just down the hall. She sighed and thought to herself. There's no way he'd ever let me do something like that... pfft, only because it's not what he wants to do... there has to be some way to make him let me celebrate this one day. Hell he wouldn't even wish me a happy birthday let alone let me celebrate it... what am i going to do?  As she thought, Loki was walking past the door to her room in the hallway. He muttered things to himself about a thousand times as he tried to forget his frustrations. Frustrations that were only ever caused now by her. Part of him wanted to barge in her room right now and yell at her for not respecting him, a prince, a God, at all. But he couldn't do it. He wanted to punish her somehow, maybe lashes, no food or no drink. But again, he couldn't bring himself to do it. "Damn it all!" He yells louder. Thankfully (y/n) couldn't hear him have his tantrum once he was inside his room. However, this was all still too frustrating for him to bare. He decided he needed some time to himself. To disappear and relax somewhere for a little while without her around, and since they were alone in Jotunheim, it's not like she could escape, or be found by the Avengers right? He decided on that and then cast a spell on his mirror so he could travel to another realm, not even leaving so much as a note behind for her. And as soon as he was gone, the room was quiet, and so was the house now. Not a single sound, or disruption, everything was very peaceful. And as soon as (y/n) realized this, all hell would break loose.

        She was sitting in her room, at her desk writing the next chapter in her book to later be sent off to her editor. it didn't take long for (y/n) to notice that something was off.

        That's weird... usually, Loki is either yelling at me by now... I would have heard him walk to his library to read... something is different...

        She thought. Sure enough, her curiosity got to the better of her, as always. She had enough of writing for a little while and decided to go for a small walk around the house. She left her desk and went to the hallway, her first stop would be the mini library at the end of the hall. The floor beneath her feet creaked lightly, which would have given notice to Loki, had he been there, that she was coming. Before she even made it to the door way of the room, she knew he wasn't there. Simply because there was no snippy remark about her loud footsteps. Of course, when she walked in, there was no sign of the raven haired prince.

Alright... maybe he's in his room?

        She turned on her heal and went back down the hall, passed her bedroom, and made it to his room. After knocking on the door three times, there was no response still.

        What, do I have to go in? God he's such a pain! Wait... why do I even care?! "Pfft, the hell with him," She mused under her breath. She leaves the hallway and goes to the kitchen to snack. After eating a few different types of fruits she realized just how quiet the house really was. No movements at all, no noise... where was he? (Y/n) set down her empty plate in the sink and walked quickly back to his room. Not bothering to knock, she barged in and looked around.

        His room looked identical to what it might have looked like in Asgard. (Well what she thought is looked like over there.) The floors were bricks of gold, with a rectangular dark green carpet on the far left in front of a large ornate fireplace. Above the fireplace was a painted picture of a woman with blonde curled hair, wearing a blue dress with a silver plat of armour on one side. She was absolutely lovely. In front of the fireplace, on top of the rug, were two elegant red arm chairs with gold sides. A table made of glass sat between them. Behind these against the right wall sat his large canopy bed, which had gold pillars, green sheets and matching green canopy. The bed had small steps leading up to it because it was off the ground. Lastly, the wall in the back with palace like windows and a view of Jotunhiem stood tall with book shelves underneath them and a desk. The books looked very old and yet were well kept. Their leather bound covers had Norse runs written on them and they were still kept in perfect condition despite their age. She looked around the room in awe. Taken back by such a beautiful site, until she noticed one last thing. The oval mirror which sat in a corner. Like the rest of the decor in the room, the oval mirror was gold and ornate with beautiful carvings etched onto its frame. When she got closer and went to touch this mirror, the glass rippled like water and she jumped back. How strange... she watched it more curiously as the mirror soon revealed an image to where Loki was.

        "He left?!" She was clearly shocked and annoyed by this. They had spent nearly six months together now and she was finally starting to understand him. Yet instead of giving her a chance and learning to understand her a little more, he grew frustrated with her to the point where he just left. It hurt her, very much. The pain of knowing he didn't care. It finally hit home to her that she was only to be used. She was just a pawn, and nothing more. She hoped that one day they actually would see eye to eye and be friends, that she could save him from his loneliness... but those thoughts were no longer relevant and she had enough. When she realized she now had a chance to escape she thought about it. Rather than acting on it and trying to call for help she contemplated on the thought because she wasn't sure if she could leave him alone yet. (Y/n) shook the thoughts out of her head and acted on it. She quickly ran out of the room to the large window in the living room that showed Jotunhiem. With her hands pressed to the glass she yelled as loud as she could. "HEY! IS ANYONE OUT THERE?! SOMEONE! PLEASE HELP!" She begged. While no one in Jotunhiem could hear or see her... there was one Asgardian who heard her cries of desperation and see her through his orange eyes.

"I have found her!" He tells Thor.

"Where, Hiemdall?!"

Hiemdall closed his eyes and turned to look over to Thor.

"She is on Jotunhiem."