Chapter 24: A New Team

He was made a captive, another glass cell the was specially designed to hold Loki should they have him again. He didn't make any moves, just stayed where he was watching the team that looked back at him from across the way. "What do we do with him?" Banner asked first. "I say we shoot him," Clint said as he sat down with a arrow he was shining in his hand as he was in the mood to start swinging. "We need answered first," Steve said, being the voice of reason for them. "How would we know if he's lying or not?" Nat added and then Tony followed up with, "I have specialty lie detectors set up inside the cell. They'll glow red on our screen if he tries anything."

"That's assuming you'll get him to answer to anything," Nat said.

"Then lets find out," Tony then pushed down a button that turned on the mic and speaker in Loki's cell, and immediately started with,"Let's make this easy since we don't have a lot of time to waste now. Where is she?" Loki just looked back at the team, hesitated but finally answered, "I have only one idea but I am not the reason she is with them. I rather we skip this pointless interrogation so that we can track her down," he answered. Tony raised a brow and pushed down the button again, "Wait a second, are telling me that for once you didn't have anything to do with her disappearance, and you're telling me I'm supposed to believe that?"

"Did your fancy lights turn red?" Loki replied. Tony stared back at him for a second then looked to Thor who shrugged. "I'm not buying it. Even if you didn't take her, who else would have?" He asked him, and Loki pulled his arms behind his back. "I would imagine that the Chitauri have grown impatient waiting for me to take her to them myself so they likely tracked her down and came this way on their own," He said. "However," he started, "if she is with them then that means we have little time to spare. I'd rather not imagine what they will do to her in order to gain control of her abilities. We would be better off searching for her now."

"What's this 'we' business? I don't recall inviting you to this search and rescue mission," Tony answered but Steve stopped him and pulled his hand from the button. "Tony, think about this. If he was working for them before, then he likely already knows how to get to them. He's a better chance of finding her than we do at the moment."

"Did you forget that he is the reason they are after her in the first place? Or that he's the God of Lies and would likely lead us into a trap before that happens?"

"Rogers is right," Thor interjected, "Loki knows where to find them. If he had planned to turn her over to them in the first place, then he knows where to meet them."

"If whenever you're finish," Loki started, "I would like to get this rescue mission started. We don't have the time to stand around discussing whether or not I should be trusted. She is in a great bit of danger so I much rather fix this before it's too late." The whole while he said this the team watched him, and then Clint glanced up at the ceiling then back to Tony. "Hey Tony, any reason your fancy lights didn't go off yet?"

"Seriously Barton?" Tony asked as he turned towards him. "You of all people trust him now?"

"I never said that. But if he says shes in a hell of a lot of danger with them, then why didn't those red lights flash?"

The team looked at one another then back to Loki who only looked back at them more seriously. Steve seemed apprehensive of this, but he was the most concerned out of any of them. This was going to be a more difficult mission than he had realized.

The team, and Loki, were currently in a jet heading over the Pacific ocean. Loki was leading them to a deserted area out in the wild lands of Russia where the trade was originally set to be made. He had set up a portal over there that would transport him with (y/n) to space where the Chitauri primarily stayed. It was a section of the cosmos that he knew how to reach at a particular time in the night from that location. the ride there, however, wouldn't be nearly as simple as the rest of the day. Everyone was silent for the most part and those who weren't flying the jet were glaring at Loki. "Guys," Steve started, "I can hear you glaring from over here. Neither of you are going to fix anything by glaring at each other."

"We're forced into a jet with the guy who started all of this and you expect us to be friends?" Tony asked him. "I'm only asking that you leave one another alone and don't start anything."

"Who ever said anything about starting anything? No one is starting anything," Tony replied while Loki rolled his eyes. "What?" Tony went on, "Did you want to start something?"

"Noooo," Loki answered sarcastically, "I was merely rolling my eyes at the thought of the team Captain not having enough faith in us to work together."

"Ok, by that tone, I'd say he's looking to start something,"Clint said and pointed the arrow he was holding at the god. "You're the two antagonizing him," Thor added to which Loki raised a brow as he turned over to his "brother" in surprise.

"Every body shut up!" Nat finally entered in, and Steve looked at her in shock that she actually spoke up. "We're in the air, on a jet. You can all fight each other once we reach the ground when we're no longer above the ocean."

"Sounds do-able," Clint responded and Tony rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms. This would in deed be along ride until they made it there.

-----------------------------

Grumbling was made as (y/n) slowly picked her head up and tried to look around at where she was. Everything around her was dark, cold, and rocky. She could see stars and galaxies far off in the never ending distance, but didn't know where she was.

"Ah, good. You're awake," one voice said as a male alien, creature she couldn't describe or recognize looked over at her. "Let's begin then, some basic training and. . . reprogramming. . . ."