Chapter 2: Decisions

(Y/n) was scared. She couldn't stop herself from unleashing her power. That is until Thor ran over and placed a hand on her shoulder, and she turned to face him in fear. Thor tried to calm her down, "Miss please, you need not fear any longer. He is unconscious." (Y/n) nodded slowly, then put her hands down and looked at what she had done. She just took out a man. Not just any man, a God, Loki specifically. She calmed down and looked back at Thor who walked past her to detain his brother. (Y/n) started to back away again and retreat to the streets so she could be lost in the sea of people outside, until Thor looked back at her. "Wait!" He yelled. He walked over to her after cuffing Loki and told her, "I must speak with you about this. I ask that you return with me to Stark tower. I assure you I mean no harm." (Y/n) looked between Thor and Loki, before addressing Thor. "Look I'm sorry but I can't stay. Please let me be." She looked up at him with sad, worried eyes, as she recalled what had happened in her past. It had been almost 10 years since she used her powers. Seeing them again only made the guilt and pain resurface. Thor placed a hand on her shoulder again, "What you have done was incredible to say the least. You stopped my brother in a matter of seconds. Please, I implore that you come with me." She shook her head, "No, I'm sorry. Please leave me alone, I can't be here!" She said. (Y/n) turned around and left the area as quickly as she could before the news crew showed up. She took an ally way back so no one would see her, and headed home.

Meanwhile, Loki regained consciousness and found that he was imprisoned again. This time in Stark tower, many floors below the earth's surface. Thor entered the the room that held Loki's glass cage and folded his arms in front of the prison as he lookded at Loki. Loki sat up from the metal cot that was conected to the wall and looked at Thor. "You do realize I will only escape again. Your meager Midgardian prisons cannot hold me." He spat to Thor with his arms folded behind his back. Thor then spoke up, "You ought to be greatful you're even alive. Had I not stopped her, she surely would have killed you." Loki raised his chin up as he took cognizance of what Thor said. He then wondered about the girl, and how she could have so easily defeated him. He then smirked at his "brother." "Perhaps you would have been better off. Your foolish decisions, are what will get you killed, soon enough. If not by me, than another," Loki retorted. Thor shook his head and began to walk away. "And it is your arrogance and pride that keep you in this state, and this cell." With that, Thor left and headed up to the top of the tower to discuss what had happended today with the Avengers.

On the other side of town, (y/n) was laying down on her black leather couch in the livingroom of her apartment. She stayed that way for the longest time thinking over the events that took place today. "Why the hell did that have to happen... of all the luck..." she sighed out loud. (Y/n) sat up and walked over to the kitchen to get a drink. As she did so, she turned for a moment and flipped the tv on, curious to see if it made the news. Which, it did. She continued her walk to the frige as the TV turned on and the news popped up. "Earlier today there was another attack in the city, this time, at a local café." (Y/n) didn't look at the screen, just listened. The anchor woman talked more about the attack and thankfully never mentioned (y/n) being there. She sighed, "Thank God..."

It had been a long day for her. After she had her drink, and then a snack at the last minute, (y/n) headed upstairs to take a shower. When she was done, she went to her room, threw on her favorite pair of pajamas and fell back on her bed. She thought more about what Thor had said to her and looked over at the large floor to ceiling windows, that were parallel to her bed, staring at Stark tower on the other side of the city. She then held up one hand and looked at it. "Maybe I should give it chance... maybe I can do some good with it..." She sighed again, and laid there, looking up at her ceiling. After a while of contemplating, (y/n) turned on her side and fell asleep.

The next day, at Stark tower, Tony and Thor had been looking through cameras around the area of the Starbucks block to try and find (y/n). "If I can just find her face, the computers can do the rest at finding out who she is." Tony stated to Thor. He looked at Tony before returning his gaze the the computer screen. "There! That one. She is the girl who was there. The one who stopped Loki." Tony zoomed in on your image and let out a long whistle. "Now that, is one gorgeous woman." Natasha, who was sitting at a desk behind the men, rolled her eyes at Tony before speaking up. "Did you forget that the 'gorgeous woman' was capable of taking down a demi god with an unknown ability, that can most likely kill you?" Tony paused and looked behind him at Natasha. "Well when you put it like that... it just makes her that much hotter." The computer made a few noises, then JARVIS spoke up. "Sir, we have a match." The three Avengers looked at the screen and read the information there. "(Y/full name), says she's an aspiring author, and her most recently published book really grabbed a lot of attention." Natasha read. The three continued reading the screen, and even found out about her past secret. Thor looked over at Tony, "What do you suggest we do?" Tony was about to speak when JARVIS spoke ahead of him. "You will not need to do anything. She is here, on the main floor."