Chapter 43 - Without You

It was from Corbyn.

It said 'Jack and Daniel are awake but Jonah has gone into critical condition, please hurry back. Please don't tell Becca, I don't want her to feel guilty. It's my fault not hers.'

Wait....

Jonahs going to die and no matter what Corbyn says, it's my fault.

We need to hurry.

B- Hurry!

Z- What, why?

B- Zach I saw the message so don't pretend you don't know what I'm on about.

Z- Oh

B- So hurry, he can't die.

Z- He won't die.

B- I hope not.

We drive back quickly but lawfully and we run into the hospital.

We get to Jonahs room and he doesn't look good. His skin is really pale. He looks so ill.

He can't die, he's like my older brother. He can't go yet, it's not his time he has so much life left to live. He can't leave me. Not now: not ever.

I feel tears roll down my cheek as I see my friend; brother. Slowly deteriorating in front of me and I can't do anything to help him. Plus it's my fault.

I see everyone else is trying to hold it together but it's difficult. We all love him so much, he can't die.

I find myself thinking of all the wonderful memories I created with Jonah, all the inside jokes, the laughter and the fun. More and more tears stream down my face. This pain inside of me building up like a skyscraper and the hope of his survival coming crashing down.

Please make it Jonah. Please. I can't live without you.

Then my thoughts were interrupted by a loud beeping, one none of us wanted to hear. Then he was gone.

The beeping of the monitor stopped and realisation hit me. He's gone.

Jonah Marais Roth Frantzich is dead.

It's all my fault.

He's never coming back.

I couldn't control the tears now.

My cheeks looked like waterfalls of grief.

I couldn't believe he was gone.

I could hear someone saying my name. Trying to get me to snap out of this daze I was in but I couldn't. I was trapped. I was frozen. I couldn't move.......