Chapter 14 - Past

It was....my ex

Ryan!

I loved him, I truly did and I truly believed that he loved me back. I was so wrong.

So so wrong.

It all started slowly yet built up.

A chain or events, that I ignored until I couldn't deal with it anymore. Until the fire that was burning away inside of me exploded like a firework.

I first realised something was wrong when he became distant and if I'm being honest it wasn't difficult to tell that he was cheating on me, but I couldn't leave him. I was trapped.

He started abusing me. Kicking, punching, raping. You name it he did it, I was used to it. My body became numb to the physical pain but the emotional pain was still there. I became despondent, started isolating myself from my family and friends. Never socialised. I was too busy being abused and no one realised what was happening. He made me swear not to say anything, not to tell a soul. He threatened me, he threatened my family. He found a vulnerable part of me and exploited it.

I tried to run away one day but he caught me, tortured me. He made me swear not to do it again, so I didn't. Although normally I was numb to the pain, that time it hurt. A lot. I dealt with the pain because I couldn't free myself from this situation I had been placed in.

Soon, I couldn't deal with it anymore so I started cutting, I nearly committed suicide. It helped with the emotional trauma I was dealing with.

Over time I came to deal with the facts that he was blatantly cheating on me, it was obvious. However when I found out who he cheated on me with, I couldn't deal with it anymore. I couldn't look him in the eye and pretend that I'm oblivious to the fact that he hates me, I couldn't pretend to love him. The fact that he cheated on me was bad enough, however it gets worse.

He cheated on me with.....